VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awaiting 020 Rating Promulgation

Rate this question

Kihr

Question

I am currently at 20%, I put in for an increase, and because I am an optimistic person I put in for dependents (My wife & kids), I submitted the claim in September of last year..  I checked my claim this afternoon, there happened to be an update.  I was just curious what "Awaiting 020 rating Promulgation" means?  I googled the word Promulgation and get the vibe that my claim may be coming to an end.  Any info?

ep 20.png

6 answers to this question

On 6/22/2019 at 12:48 AM, Kihr said:

Awaiting 020 rating Promulgation"

It is referring to an EP 020 which is defined here

https://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/templates/selfservice/va_ssnew/help/customer/locale/en-US/portal/554400000001018/content/554400000011474/Appendix-B.-End-Product-Codes-and-Work-Rate-Standards-for-Quantitative-Measurements

The EP stands for End Product and the 020  means

General:  EP 020 applies to disability compensation or service-connected death claims received after an initial eligibility decision has been made.  Unless otherwise noted, the EP will not be cleared until all issues raised by the claim have been resolved.

so yes your claim for increase seems to be about to be entered into the system, and considering your dates of submission and the word promulgation in that status line, it suggests that somewhere up the line a decision is pending.

but again call Peggy to find out more specifically and let us know what they say.

Edited by GeekySquid

7 minutes ago, Kihr said:

my estimated completion date is expected 7/20/2019"  ....it is difficult being patient.

yep it is ...but you can survive 26 days...you can stand on your head, whistle dixie and piss in the wind for 26 days.......just breathe...

• HadIt.com Elder

The easiest thing you can do is call Peggy at 1-800-827-1000 and see what they can tell you. But keep in mind this is a verbal answer and not always reliable. Don't believe anything from the VA until you see it in writing. Good luck.

I think I may call my VSO on Monday (Maybe I will be traveling for work) and see if she is willing to let me know.  I initially started with a VSO, he actually left for a job elsewhere and I had no idea!  She has taken over and is a little less willing to divulge things (I think she has been burned by rate changes in the past.)  I was surprised that I haven't found much about this type of status update anywhere.  I know the ep020 code represents secondary claims (which mine is).  My initial claim left much to be desired.

On 6/23/2019 at 10:04 PM, GeekySquid said:

but again call Peggy to find out more specifically and let us know what they say.

I called today, she said it was still processing "nothing else was needed from anybody, and my estimated completion date is expected 7/20/2019"  She really didn't say anything else that e benefits didn't already have displayed.  I may try and talk to my VSO tomorrow or Friday...it is difficult being patient.