VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Have Or Not To Have A Medical Exam By Ssa

Rate this question

tdak

Question

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could give me any kind of input for this:

I had applied for SSD several years ago and was turned down, but they sent me to a SSA doctor for an exam. I also reapplied in 2004, same results, turned down, and had a medical exam. I filed again (never appealing any decision before, time always ran out) in 2006, but I have gone through brain surgery and have a condition that I will have forever and ever. This time they haven't sent me any info to go to a dr to have an exam.

Do I have more of a chance of getting SSD if there is no exam, especially since I have been turned down twice before this? Do you think they will still send me to one of their doctors for an exam again? I have gone online to check the status of my claim and it just keeps saying that they are in the medical process of my claim. I know that all of my medical files were released and sent in Nov. (I called all my doctors and asked for the dates). I really don't like the waiting process, I don't think anyone does!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Filed for SSDI at the same time I filed for VA comp. Was awarded SSDI three years ago.........................with the same information that the VA has...........

Never went to an exam with either SSA or VA. Gave the SSA my SMRs from NINETEEN SIXTY-FOUR..............one of the SSA gals said "Well, it's about time you showed up. Have you been drawing VA Comp all this time?" I said, "No. Do you think I should file a claim or whatever they call it?"

She just looked at me, dumbfounded.

That's what made me decide to start this VA struggle.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was never given an exam by SSA my claim was approved based on my VA records, that was in March 2003, I am still fighting the VARO for the same conditions each agency is different

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could give me any kind of input for this:

I had applied for SSD several years ago and was turned down, but they sent me to a SSA doctor for an exam. I also reapplied in 2004, same results, turned down, and had a medical exam. I filed again (never appealing any decision before, time always ran out) in 2006, but I have gone through brain surgery and have a condition that I will have forever and ever. This time they haven't sent me any info to go to a dr to have an exam.

They turned down my SSDI and never sent me for a exam.

They turned down my SSDI and never sent me for a exam.

i would find out who the dr that handles ssa there are drs for this.

i had to go and see one myself that was back in 96 i now get 100% ssdi

and i am strugging with the va as we speak. but this is just based on my experince

i also had to see a psycoligist for ssa that i had to go see as well. if i did not go i would have got

nada. so i thank my lucky stars that i did.