VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Law Blog strategy vs eBenefits

Rate this question

glashutte

Question

I studied Veterans Law Blog and he recommends mailing in your claim and organizing the documents like so (see attached). However, is this the old school way to do it?

The only way to do this on eBenefits is to type everything out and attach it as a file in supporting documents. And it would be a lot of files

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.48.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.48.35 PM.png

478616090_ScreenShot2019-06-24at10_48_44PM.thumb.png.6e48dd3b2ffda2bf5ca51b26ce6e8268.png

Edited by glashutte

• HadIt.com Elder

Some good info from geeky and GB Army.

be sure to file before your cut off date of your ITF.

IS THAT THE 27TH JUNE 2019?

Remember to file before midnight of that date  its better to file earlier just in case an internet glitch or delay. they will let you know they got your claim/claims  be sure and check the date.

Good Luck!

2 minutes ago, glashutte said:

upload supporting documents to add to my submitted claim.

go to either ebenefits or vets.gov and look at your claim. click the different tabs. On one of them, to the right is upload additional documents

On 6/26/2019 at 6:12 AM, glashutte said:

That's rough. Severe GERD is so bothersome. 

In my case I really don't know what caused my GERD. I just started to get it during service, had an endoscopy, and had to go to the emergency room a few times for it. So just by chance it started during service. I don't think being in the Army caused it at all...

In this case, is it even contemplated by the VA to be service connected or not at all?

For the Nexus statement, is this done as part of Statement in support form or separately? 

Stress can cause GERD but you really don't need to know why you have a condition. Just tell them when it started and what you was doing at the time I.E. down range with poor living conditions, being attacked, etc.... Don't over think it. 

Thanks geeky and bucky for all the great info. I filed my claim last night! So it is rolling now. 

Is the 1800 827 1000 number reliable for technical help? For the life of me I can not find where to upload supporting documents to add to my submitted claim.