VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any male hadit member had their prostate removed?

Rate this topic

I've had BPH for years and like most, I waited until it was intolerable ( can't go at all).  I've tried Terazosin, Finasteride to no avail.  I've had two PAE's (prostatic artery embolization), not much help at all. Finally I had Greenlight Photovaporization procedure at Mayo in Rochester.  That did the trick, but came with some permanent side effects.  I have no regrets.

Don't wait until you can't go at all.  That will require a trip to the emergency room.

Sadly, you have to do something.  It ain't going away.

Good luck.

4 minutes ago, rockerson said:

That did the trick, but came with some permanent side effects.

@rockerson I have voiding issues, bph and ed. nocturia is a problem and I use pads, like 52 a week usage.

If you don't mind, what are the permanent side effects. If you don't feel comfortable posting it in public would you DM me with the info?

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

YES , rockerson can you let us know about the side effects?

I am not that familiar with the ''Greenlight Photovaporization procedure ''  other than it maybe a radation type of electro-heating to open or design a ''canal'' passage through the prostate.? (JMO)

which if that is this type of procedure?  I think I would opt to the removal of the prostate all together  once and for all. To hopefully avoid the side effects  but with all surgical procedure there's no guarantees. 

But I do want to try the supplements first, but so for they are 100's to choose from  breaking it down I think Geeky is correct in trying the Saw Palmetto and cranberry supplements, and pumpkin seed supplements,  but I just can't afford to be trying all these supplements if they are not going to do the job .

So for I been diagnose with the BHP (Sowllen Prostate )   The Dr had me on the Finastride too but my Dr discontinue it and prescribe the prozosinI but having problems with it.  I take PTSD medications so I am restricted...per Dr's

I  use the pads too &  about 4 or 5 times  during the night to pee but I do have a fairly good stream and never have a problem getting it started  but my stream is not as strong as it once was  about half I would say,  I just can't tell when I am finished   reason I use the pads.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

btw

just wanted to add  I had a dizzy spell today after taking a prozsin cap.

I felt calming and nauseous  so I got in front of a fan and laid down  it went away in about an hour   but I sure felt werid.

30 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

But I do want to try the supplements first,

here are a couple amazon links.

I use this saw palmetto

https://www.amazon.com/Strength-Palmetto-Supplement-Prostate-Health/dp/B07B9PJ5KX/ref=sr_1_24?crid=1L4FFG1GCOD29&keywords=saw%2Bpalmetto%2Bprostate%2Bsupplement&qid=1561512035&s=gateway&sprefix=saw%2Bpa%2Caps%2C217&sr=8-24&th=1

it i like 18 bucks for 120 capsules at 1300mg's... from my research it is the best bang for the buck

and this is a good cranberry product

https://www.amazon.com/Puritans-Pride-Cranberry-Supplement-Capsules/dp/B00IR82GSQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2PIO7C2L4S93X&keywords=cranberry+pills+25000+mg&qid=1561512364&s=gateway&sprefix=cranberry+pills%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-3

8.50 for 120 capsules at 25,000mg's.

I get my cranberry from a different source, but that comes from a private channel, friend of friend thing.

And yes i found it odd to have a friend with a cranberry 'connection', but i also have a lot of strange friends lol

8 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

but I sure felt werid.

was the world spinning around you?

if it happens again, go look yourself in the face in a mirror. if the room/world is spinning try to watch your own eyes in the mirror. If they are moving with the spin you have nystagmus.