VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any male hadit member had their prostate removed?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

No I don't think they were? eyes moving up and down or side ways like the house was moving   no  no symptoms like that 

I am in bad shape as for as my over all physical condition  laying around all day over eatting and greases foods like patato chips ect,,,ect,,

I just kinda got a light headed feeling and nauseous clamy sweaty  & like upset stomach, of course I am obese  6.'1 at 265lbs don't help matters any.

I need to lose at least 65 of those pounds I know I do  its just hard to lose weight for me.

i have to take deep breaths when I exert myself   even just walking fast or doing something more physical than usual I have to take deep breaths  and especially when I have anxiety

This today was like  getting to much sun feeling type thing  I am fairly sure it was the prozsosin capsule I took about an hour/1.2 earlier.

I'll talk with my Dr about it when I see her.

Now I got to go get my middle upper tooth extracted because of a fracture root  as this tooth had a root canal done about 10 years back  and now the damn VA dentist is wanting to extract all my upper teeth so I can use dentures..and they have said I  have to much bone loss for inmplants...so I am asking for the Dentist if he will outsourse me  via the New Mission Act

Actually I only have 7 of my front sissor teeth. and about 9 of my bottom sissors.

My age is catching up wit hme at age 67

3 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

No I don't think they were? eyes moving up and down or side ways like the house was moving   no  no symptoms like that 

okay that is good. it is a sign of vertigo and some types of vertigo can be brought on by medications.

there might be a sugar thing happening from what you said above, or it just could be the pill itself. hopefully your doc has a solution.

VA is weird about teeth and a lot seems to be about what the Head of Dental believes involving implants.

I don't know your area, but do you have any of those "one day" implant dentists around? They might have a different view of implants.

From what I see from the tv commercials around here their patients are basically toothless street folks who end up with Hollywood Actor smiles in one day.... not picking on street folks but the before pics are rather groddy. 5-6 teeth missing, no gums to speak of... one before pic has a woman with green and black teeth showing.

I have a problem with my prostrate as well.. of course we are all about the same age, and its going to happen to all of us... you would think that medical personal would know by now what causes the enlarge prostrate. I had a triple whammy  in  February,  where I was advised I had a 10.5  PSA, a few days later I was in the Emergency room with blood clots in my lungs and not a month later I had to have my gallbladder out.   Anyway, I have been seeing a urologist on Fort Bragg... he already did the scope procedure ( don't remember the technical word ) ( damn that was painful)  were he confirmed the prostrate was enlarged.  He put me on the Tamsulosin & Finasteride. There are times when I don't have a problem, but there are times when I get an immediate urge to go, and when I try to go its almost impossible to go. I usually wake up once in the night to go, but sometimes its three times a night,  I have spent 20 minutes at a time trying to relieve myself... Ok perhaps a little too much detail... my doctor advised me that the Finasteride  may reduce the prostrate by 50% if it does I don't have cancer, if it doesn't  I may have cancer, but.. he also told me that Finasteride can  cause cancer so its almost a no win situation.  I do occasionally leak when I am trying to get to the bathroom quickly and don't make it... I think I have a dribble from time to time after  but nothing really serious.  My biggest concern is he wants to do a biopsy of the prostrate and that means going thru the colon,  not a pleasant procedure for anyone to have to do. And to make matters worse I am on warfarin  for life because of the previous blood clots in my lungs.... so I would have to stop taking the warfarin for a while just to do the biopsy....

Buck you are not alone with the weight gain I am 6.2 if I could stand up straight, I weigh 344 lbs... I am fat plan and simple.. but I have a lot of medical issues that caused this problem. Steroids for  lungs, Thyroid problems, and the inability to exercise due to my knees  and back issues, but mostly my breathing problems. I have been in a wheelchair for a long time.... anyway I have dieted and I have lost  31 lbs in 8 months.. but it really is hard to stay  on a diet.. I was up to 375 last November, when I went on Nutrisystem  which truth be told is not a real diet, it is just food in the proper portions, and eating a little bit 6 times a day... It does help me lose weight, but it takes a long time and a lot of will power....Factually, I did not have a weight problem until I was forced into retirement in 1999 three months later I had gained 60 lbs and it just got worse over the years... I was actually going to the  gym 3 times a week up until 2006.. but my breathing go worse that I just could not catch my breath in 2007 I was put on oxygen. I am totally embarrassed by my weight problem,  but not a whole lot I can really do about it....

Sorry about the hijacked thread  .. got carried away....

Edited by Richard1954
apology for hijacked thread

4 minutes ago, Richard1954 said:

I am totally embarrassed by my weight problem,  but not a whole lot I can really do about it....

i understand all your situation and have many of the same issues.

If you can afford it, and I am not asking about your finances, consider CoolSculpting or LaserLipo. This is just an idea you might not have considered.

The weight acerbates so many of your problems and being in a chair  does too. Gastric bypass sucks in general.

Both other options are painless and outpatient situations. they can be financed...again not asking about your money situation but if you do a consult and get an estimate, maybe a gofundme?

I doubt VA will pop for them but you never know. There is some stuff out of band they will pay for if you have a medical need, and you have a medical need. you just need a VA doc to fight for it with you.

one of the big problems of weight loss when you are fat like me, is getting started and needing that "boost" of getting a big win quickly in the process. CoolSculpting  or LaserLipo might just give you that boost and then a proper diet afterwards.

• HadIt.com Elder

I can relate with you Richard1954 and Geeky

Richard 1954 sorry to hear about your many health problems  I think we just need to lose a lot of weight and a lot of these health problems will go away..its loseing that is very hard. I certainly understand that.

weight gain after you are forced to stop working usually happens to the best of us   anyway for me that's what happen.

I couldn't work due to my s.c. conditions  so I was board and just eat and eat  seems the food taste better when your not working  or something like that ??? eh!!

I eat out of boredom and have tried 100's of diets  and maybe loss 20/30 lbs but  I put them damn lbs back on and then some,  some one will tell me I look good and that does it for me I stop dieting and gain it all back.

I think being over weight is bad for our over all health and creates more health problems  such as breathing  for me it does anyway  I some times need to stop what ever I am doing to get my breath, I use to play with my grandmonsters football baseball and we use to go running a lot I was  once in good shape  but they all grown up and in college now  so that ended my physical activity as for as exercise.  these last 7 /10 years I have really gained a ton of weight.

I just need some one to kick my assperalo and motivate me back to eating right and less  but we need to eat the proper foods and proper amount  .

I am thinking by the time they get finished extracted all my teeth  maybe then I won't be eating all the wrong foods  can't chew you can't eat right   eh!

Geeky has a good point about the CoolSculpting or LaserLipo.but I could never afford anything like that,,,maybe having my mouth wired shut  but with no teeth  that's out of the question  LoL

i GO TODAY FOR MY #5 TOOTH TO BE EXTRACTED AND I will ask this dentist or see if he can put in for me to be out source with the New Mission Act Care They have now since June 5th 2019

don't hurt to ask or request  if this don't work being I already seen a patient advocate to no avail  I'll con front the Hospital Dircetor He mention tome one time a year or so ago to come see him..so I will pay him a visit plus my MH Therapist has mention my dental clinic putting me through so much needless anxiety which is never good.  this is in my dental records.  I'll sure use them at the director office.

anyway you guys all  have a good day today I'll be at my VAMC most of the afternoon.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

well got that tooth extracted  took them damn near 30 minutes   but they got it out finnally.

Well I guess theres not been that many veteran that have had to have there prostate removed   and thats a good thing

I was just wondering how it was after ?  and if you had ED did that come back?

As my PCP mention to me they go through the penis with their surgical tool a pull it out  though the penis     that don't sound like a lot of fun  but I imagine they put you out.