VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any male hadit member had their prostate removed?

Rate this topic

Buck I never knew that it was removed through the penis...just thinking about that make me shudder. Here is a link to the American Cancer Society which discusses the surgery https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/treating/surgery.html It states (depending on the type of surgery) "Still, the most important factor in the success of either type of laparoscopic surgery is the surgeon’s experience and skill." 

When it comes to weight loss we all need to be honest with ourselves, we simply need to change our life styles, we need to eat right and get more exercise. Personally I don't think any type of surgery including Cool Sculpting or laser surgery for large weight loss. I think this type is only good for those who need a very small amount removed. The bottom line is we need to get off our butts more and exercise, no matter how little. If you are like me you eat more when you are bored, even though I still work on the days that it is slow I eat a lot more. When I am busy I may only eat just a little.

I am sure if I lost weight my health would improve. 

• HadIt.com Elder

My new slogan is  ''lose weight or die''  so I'm back on the wagon!  eh!

5 hours ago, Buck52 said:

that don't sound like a lot of fun  but I imagine they put you out.

I don't care if they put you out....I will be keeping mine if that is the process....ewwww!!! ooooouccchhhh!!!! wawawawawaw!

• HadIt.com Elder

LOL@Geeky

Well that was my PCP take on it .

I am sure they can do different procedures to remove the prostate.

This is why I ask this question  I may need to have mine removed  if I don't stop the dribble and my prostate keeps swelling .

3 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

Personally I don't think any type of surgery including Cool Sculpting or laser surgery for large weight loss.

here we have to disagree a bit.

Gastric Bypass works it is just slow and very annoying.

the deal with CoolScultping and LaserLipo is for someone who is really really large, they are a jump start. People definitely need to change eating and exercise habits along with the surgery.

Further the OP is in a wheelchair and has knee/back issues that being overweight can/do make worse.

Everyone has a right to an opinion and I do respect yours, I just disagree as to how much those type of processes could help the OP. 

I find it difficult to tell the person in the wheelchair that they need to exercise more and eat less.

Now for someone like me, who is in the wheelchair for a very limited time, then sure I do expect my friends to tell me 'you're getting fat and need to stop eating so much' because it is true and I will soon be able to start exercising again.

And I do need to exercise more. I am just as guilty of being sedentary as most old men are. I do need to exercise more no doubt.

To be blunt aerobic exercises are a little difficult on crutches lol but at least I will be able to walk more and get off my fat arse.