VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused about service connection

Rate this question

Joe Cunliffe

Question

While in service I was diagnosed with abnormal amounts of blood and protein in my urine with high cholesterol. An ultrasound of my kidneys and a scope of my urinary tract system was performed with no abnormalities found at that time. However the blood and protein was found in every physical (including exit physical) that was performed while in service. I now have CKD. My question is can I try to service connect the CKD to my abnormal lab results first discovered while in the Army? Thank you for any help clarifying.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It's early in the morning, and my little gray cells are not all up yet (O.K, maybe it's nothing to do with what time of day it is) but what is CKD?

Have you gotten an IMO stating that the abnormal blood and protein in your urine are signs of chronic kidney disease (CKD)? I would think you need an IMO to tie the in service  issues to your current CKD.

Joe that is great. Make sure he/she indicates more likely than not that it is service related. Make sure that they say they reviewed all your medical records in the IMO.

Good luck.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use