VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused about service connection

Rate this question

Joe Cunliffe

Question

While in service I was diagnosed with abnormal amounts of blood and protein in my urine with high cholesterol. An ultrasound of my kidneys and a scope of my urinary tract system was performed with no abnormalities found at that time. However the blood and protein was found in every physical (including exit physical) that was performed while in service. I now have CKD. My question is can I try to service connect the CKD to my abnormal lab results first discovered while in the Army? Thank you for any help clarifying.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Every morning right before I head out for the day, I take out the glass jar of R.W. Knudsen Just Cranberry juice and shake it, and then pour my self a shot because I have a similar issue. This will also help prevent an UTI in the future.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is a little off-topic but I really recommend Cranberry juice. I have had issues with kidney stones and drink at least 1 glass a day. I stopped for some dumb reason for a couple years, and you guessed it, I had another attack. The docs have been recommending cranberry juice to ward off kidney stones for many years. Nice to know something that simple, with no chemicals, works. I highly recommend it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use