VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea Denied-Secondary to PTSD

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Lead Moderator

I looked at Ebenefits and saw I was denied, which I figured this would need to go to the BVA.  My next question is as I have not had to wait for this is what is the process for doing remand instructions once my work as been done ( gone to the C&P and retrieved the records).  

So I had two claims in one is an appeal with the judges instructions for 2 conditions (appeal Dercum's and PTSD).  The other was headaches and Sleep apnea a first step for these two issues.  

For the first two on appeal they have had all this information for 2+ months.  It seems they are just dragging their feet as I saw what the DBQ said and it puts it at 60%, which in turn puts me at 100% overall.  I almost get the feeling they are waiting for another months so they don't claim it this month?  

The normal claim was finished two days ago and two weeks ago they got the final doctors review.  

So should I call the WH hotline?  Should I shake the tree down?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

Does anyone know who I could get to rattle the tree a bit to just finish the remand instructions?  

It is like they see this thing and don't want to touch it with a 50 foot pole

Could the VSO do something here or are they really just a place holder to deflect us?

• HadIt.com Elder

Shrek Did you get the BBE yet, or is everything  you have on ebenefits? I believe that you are right on about the delay; not enough experience with how to handle it. If the normal claim was finished just two days ago, maybe the hard copy will have some kind of trail to follow. A name, initials, something? I wouldn't have any problem calling the WH, but I would wait just a bit longer and see what I got.

• Lead Moderator

Yep good idea as this is just ebenefits.  It is just stupid we have to fight to get a remand finished when. We already waited 6 years. they kinda act like it is their benefits they are giving away. 

The best part is I saw the c&p remand and I hit the criteria and it is just funny how they will do one and not the other.