VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AMA Supplemental Claim Underway

Rate this question

HONDOII

Question

Figured I'd just help collectively add to the data here to help everyone gain a better view into how long the process takes.

I submitted my Supplemental Claim to my VSO yesterday and received an email this morning that it was submitted to the VA and was given a VA confirmation number acknowledging it's receipt.

I submitted a supplemental claim based on two contentions (voiding dysfunction and hypertension) that I felt were inadequate.  Both received 0% ratings -- one due to omission of answers on my DBQ during my C&P exam that I saw the doctor select and save on their computer and the second was for a rating that I felt warranted the 10%.

For my new and relevant evidence, I submitted a new DBQ filled out by my doctor along with a Statement in Support of Claim for item #1.  For item #2, I submitted new medical records and another Statement in Support of Claim outlining why I should have been rated at the 10% level.

Not much info in this thread but I plan on updating it along the way for my own tracking purposes and for others.

Wish me luck!

Edited by Mrpdbo

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Good luck!

Just an update:

Called the VA yesterday to ensure they received my Supplemental Appeal.  I knew they did through my VSO but I figured I'd grease the wheel a little bit and make the VA rep see it in the system.

It appeared on VA.gov today (July 10) with an unknown status but my two claims I'm contesting are there.  Hopefully I get some more traction soon.

On 6/28/2019 at 8:20 AM, Mrpdbo said:

Wish me luck!

good luck!.. let us know what happens and please track the dates so we might get a better guestimate on how long these things are taking.