VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AMA Supplemental Claim Underway

Rate this question

HONDOII

Question

Figured I'd just help collectively add to the data here to help everyone gain a better view into how long the process takes.

I submitted my Supplemental Claim to my VSO yesterday and received an email this morning that it was submitted to the VA and was given a VA confirmation number acknowledging it's receipt.

I submitted a supplemental claim based on two contentions (voiding dysfunction and hypertension) that I felt were inadequate.  Both received 0% ratings -- one due to omission of answers on my DBQ during my C&P exam that I saw the doctor select and save on their computer and the second was for a rating that I felt warranted the 10%.

For my new and relevant evidence, I submitted a new DBQ filled out by my doctor along with a Statement in Support of Claim for item #1.  For item #2, I submitted new medical records and another Statement in Support of Claim outlining why I should have been rated at the 10% level.

Not much info in this thread but I plan on updating it along the way for my own tracking purposes and for others.

Wish me luck!

Edited by Mrpdbo

Part of the reason for the QTC exams was because he missed them on the original due to being deployed and not getting the information. Combine that with completely missing service records, and this is probably more of an unusual situation. I will definitely let you know what they key on in the decision letter. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Fantastic; sounds great. Not to be a wet blanket, trust but verify! (Ebenefits?) Since we are talking about the VA, trust is kinda hard. So great news, but see it in your decision letter.

11 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Fantastic; sounds great. Not to be a wet blanket, trust but verify! (Ebenefits?) Since we are talking about the VA, trust is kinda hard. So great news, but see it in your decision letter.

Yea, I definitely agree that nothing is set in stone until I get the decision letter. But eBenefits does indeed show the percentage increases which is nice to look at in the interim. 🙂