VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending a Rating Decision

Rate this question

Rock1982

Question

I have a 8 year appeal that was granted in May 2019. Entitlement to service connection for acquired psychiatric disorder, to include  post traumatic stress disorders and depression, is granted.

I live in Missouri, but it looks like the San Diego RO has been tasked with assigning the rating. I am already SC for 10,10,and 10 for shin splints and tinnitus which adds up to 30%. I was trying to determine what would my rating be and timeframe backpay would be paid.

My symptoms include nonetheless the examiner opined that is not to say that his issues with pain and tinnitus have not exacerbated mental health symptoms. In this regard the examiner opined that the veterans chronic pain and tinnitus contribute to several depressive symptoms, including depressed mood, sleep impairment, irritability, diminished concentration and interest in activities, relationship problems, and outburst of anger.

As such the examiner concluded both his tinnitus and issues with chronic pain (not simply limited to shin splints) Are judged to have aggravated and contributed to multiple mental health symptoms. Therefore the examiner concluded that “it is at least as likely as not” that the diagnosis of bilateral shinsplints and tinnitus has  aggravated depressive and overlapping PTSD symptoms beyond their natural course. My diagnosis includes Anxiety disorders too. 

My grant is secondary to existing disabilities.

There is a Remand for Inextricably intertwined with the grant of service connection for an acquired psychiatric disorder, granted in the boards decision herein, because it may be affected by the assignment of the disability rating and effective date for the grant of service connection. Once the disability rating and affective date for the grant of service connection for an acquired psychiatric disorder has been assigned, and after completing any other development deem necessary, readjudicate the claim of entitlement to TDIU are you in light of all pertinent Evidence  and legal authority.

I am not sure but I hope my rating and backpay would be issued before they decide in another possible year for TDIU?

I am also one of the ones who constantly check Benny’s for a rate change or any updates, but it is the same since May 23rd 2019. Has anyone received a deposit before benny’s Update. Since the new process has been implemented?

Edited by Rock1982
Added info

• HadIt.com Elder

Mine was remanded from CAVC, but since you got a grant that is great. Mine was initially 50%. Which I felt was a lowball starting place. I appealed to the DRO at the RO, and was granted 100% P&T three years later. I hope the attitude at the California RO is better than some of the other places.

It took 10 months for my BVA grant, got my first check of the new amount yesterday.

Mine was for PTSD grant and IU remand. So your looking ( hopefully not) awhile.