VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypersomnia secondary to Sleep Apnea... possible?

Rate this question

Diotima

Question

So guys sorry for creating a second thread but I wasn't getting anymore responses on 1st one. So here is the sequence of events.

1) Evidence in military records of taking Unisom could indicate sleep problems. I have not gone through all my medical records but it's somewhat tedious. I've attached a couple scans from my records

2) Deployed to Afghanistan have exposure to burn pits, biohazard pond (the base was basically built around the damn thing), and  dust everywhere. No previous complaint but this could possibly be linked?

3) I start having headaches, fatigue, tiredness, lost interest in some things  after returning. Never documented this just kept it to myself so uphill climb. Headaches continued for years until recently.

4) Get out of Military in June 2014 and have C&P exam in Oct 2014 where I am diagnosed with Hypersomnia and doc gives a 50 percent equal or greater change connection to military since within months of getting out. I did not CLAIM this and it was never relayed to me by doctors... I only know of the diagnosis due to reviewing my medical records. No diagnosis for sleep apnea at this time (see attachments)

5)  It's 2019 and I still feel like **** so I ask for another sleep study. This one has a diagnosis for mild sleep apnea and a CPAP is issued (see attachment).

Other things that happened over time... at or around 2010 or 2011 I begin putting on weight where as before I'm pretty consistently around 150. So in 2011 I'm up from 145 to 155... 2014 I'm at or around 175...and in 2019 I'm at or around 190. Potential cause of weight gain could be tied to Hypersomnia which led towards  developing Sleep Apnea. 

Basically I think I can connect all the dots to military... how does all this sound? I've asked me VA doc for a Nexus Letter before proceeding  further.

1943343423_medicalrecords.thumb.png.04d0747bcb541dc137b7bb2b8181cfc6.png

201906272132251003.jpg

201906272132251004.jpg

201906272132251005.jpg

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I never heard of a 2 week sleep study before?

Anywayz,

Your going to need a Qualified Dr to give his/her opinion on rather or not the  hypersomnia  is a cause or related to Sleep Apena      '' MIGHT BE '' impression for Hypersomnia is a sure denial

I can't see the  c&p or the records you put up  maybe other members can see it?

If you have another condition thati s service connected and can be related to sleep apnea   like PTSD or Depression . medications ect,,ect,,,and other  s.c.disease that can be related to or cause sleep apnea  then you can file a secondary claim for sleep apnea

.unfortunately the VA don't take our word for it...this is why you need the nexus form the Dr's   Good Luck with a VA Dr helping out if you get one that will help that be great

98% of all veterans claims are won from Military medical records or private medical records & Military service records helps in establishing the condition  the Dr's need to give their pro opinion.

4 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I never heard of a 2 week sleep study before?

Anywayz,

Your going to need a Qualified Dr to give his/her opinion on rather or not the  hypersomnia  is a cause or related to Sleep Apena      '' MIGHT BE '' impression for Hypersomnia is a sure denial

I can't see the  c&p or the records you put up  maybe other members can see it?

If you have another condition thati s service connected and can be related to sleep apnea   like PTSD or Depression . medications ect,,ect,,,and other  s.c.disease that can be related to or cause sleep apnea  then you can file a secondary claim for sleep apnea

.unfortunately the VA don't take our word for it...this is why you need the nexus form the Dr's   Good Luck with a VA Dr helping out if you get one that will help that be great

98% of all veterans claims are won from Military medical records or private medical records & Military service records helps in establishing the condition  the Dr's need to give their pro opinion.

Right that's the direction I'm thinking.  I looked up the language the doctor used in the Hypersomnia 

""this condition is at least as likely as not a result" which is legalese for equal to 50% or greater.