VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.gov on Appeals

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I am one of those who checks VA.gov on a regular basis. I was looking at an appeal I have with the BVA. Here is what the first screen shows:

image.thumb.png.8ccaa2a8f1cc94536fc80cabbf33ac10.png

The second screen shows:

image.thumb.png.6b74e0bf1c2743af25ab09475af8c1c0.png

I have not received any BBE or the like, but does this mean they approved my appeal? I know these systems have been known to be wrong but I was wondering.

• HadIt.com Elder

It sure looks like it to me. Did you have more than these two on appeal? Granted means granted, right? I don't think you can find out anyway other than BBE though, which can easily be a week or more.

Good luck!

Thanks GB

I only had two items at the BVA. It originally only stated two issues nothing specific as you can see it now shows "Diaphragm paralysis or paresis" (I am assuming this is the SA) and "Hypertensive vascular disease". I realize it is now the waiting game.

I just spoke with the 800# at the BVA and my appeal is completed. Apparently it stays pending in Vets.gov until either the regional office or appeals review center puts in the percentages and assigns the effective date and sets up the back pay. They told me that the BVA has already mailed out the decision and that the percentages and amounts are in the system. Now I don't want to get my hopes up but it does sound like I won my appeal. I know I now need to wait for the BBE. 

I am praying that the issues tab is correct and I was granted.

Paul,  Congrats!   If your retro is under $25K you should hear real soon.  Otherwise you might have to wait a little while.  I also had a case before the judge for Diaphragmatic paralysis, and my back, and they ended up giving me the Diaphragmatic paralysis, and found several things,  (8) with my back which they rated and awarded me from  10 to 20%, including surgical scar.  Mine took nearly  six months because my retro was around $50K.