VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.gov on Appeals

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I am one of those who checks VA.gov on a regular basis. I was looking at an appeal I have with the BVA. Here is what the first screen shows:

image.thumb.png.8ccaa2a8f1cc94536fc80cabbf33ac10.png

The second screen shows:

image.thumb.png.6b74e0bf1c2743af25ab09475af8c1c0.png

I have not received any BBE or the like, but does this mean they approved my appeal? I know these systems have been known to be wrong but I was wondering.

Jimmer for $60k I will be more than happy to wait... 😀. But it will probably be much less. No matter how much it is I will be happy to get it.

This looks like very good news Paul.  I have seen on VA.gov that they are right most of the time, even when I did not want them to be right.

It is official the BVA did grant my appeal for both issues according to Vets.gov. My one question is did they grant my sleep apnea (SA)? I only ask because it shows "Diaphragm paralysis or paresis" I googled it but really cannot tell if it is for SA. Does anyone know for sure? If it is SA I will be 100%.

• HadIt.com Elder

When you do your research, use OSA in lieu of SA. Obstructive Sleep Apnea is the most common type and most of the info will be on it.

15 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

When you do your research, use OSA in lieu of SA

Thanks GBArmy I will research it to see if I can match it to what the VA approved me for.

I received my BVA letter and it shows I was granted SA and hypertension, both with the effective date of 7/2015 when I first applied for them. It's now at the RO to determine percentages and back pay.

Does anyone know for my hypertension, I assume I will have to have my blood pressure checked to determine what percentage I will be granted. How many days do they check the blood pressure? Is it 3 or 5 days in a row? I am just trying to get an idea is all.