VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.gov on Appeals

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I am one of those who checks VA.gov on a regular basis. I was looking at an appeal I have with the BVA. Here is what the first screen shows:

image.thumb.png.8ccaa2a8f1cc94536fc80cabbf33ac10.png

The second screen shows:

image.thumb.png.6b74e0bf1c2743af25ab09475af8c1c0.png

I have not received any BBE or the like, but does this mean they approved my appeal? I know these systems have been known to be wrong but I was wondering.

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul 

waiting on the BBE can drive you crazy man , usually an unofficial letter from your Vet Rep  will come before the BBE

Buck I totally agree. So far just the BVA letter. I know it will be a long wait (more than likely) on the next BBE. I have no Vet Rep so I will try to find a hobby...lol.

I do have a call into a VA rep who I have the phone number to at the Roanoke office and I will pick his mind to see whats going on with this half of the case. I am hoping that if I do hit the 100% it is official even without back pay soon. Would like to stop my property tax, get a refund to my personal property tax (the bad part of living in Virginia), and an additional deduction on my state taxes.

And yes waiting is driving me crazy...lol

• HadIt.com Elder

And Paul, if you are s-c for htn, it opens up a bunch of potential secondaries. If you were to have a heart attack, by-pass surgery, stroke, scars from surgery/artery harvesting, etc., they all would be secondary to htn. If you should pass from any of those conditions, your wife would be entitled to DIC since you are now 100%. I don't wish ill on you brother, but it kinda is another insurance policy for your spouse.

GBArmy, thanks for the information. I am already on it and I am also making sure my wife realizes what she will need to do when my time comes.

Always feel free to give advice and suggestions after all I don't want to over look anything!

9 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

o far just the BVA letter. I

Congrats Paul, that is awesome... sorry I am late to the thread. I have been otherwise occupied.

Have you looked at your Letters yet on Ebenefits?

As we talked about elsewhere the new AMA system has changed some things and notifications. I was wondering if that applies to the Letters.

Also did you look at the Disabilities link there on Ebenefits to see if your new awards have posted yet?

So far it seems like on new VARO claims they post relatively quickly but I wonder how the new AMA process affects postings after BVA awards.

Congrats again!!! That back pay will come in handy for that other stuff we talked about.. 🙂

Thanks Geeky

7 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

did you look at the Disabilities link there on Ebenefits to see if your new awards have posted yet?

So far they still showed as not service connected in eBenefits under disabilities even though the BVA letter says granted as being service connected. I am expecting it to take a month or two to actually post. I am thinking my hypertension will delay my rating since they will have to do the testing to see what my percentage will be between 0% - 60%. Depending on the rating is when I will actually be considered 100%. I am waiting on a return call from the RO and will ask at that time if he has any idea of when I will be scheduled for my checks.

I also need to talk with my PCM about other issues I am having, my hypertension is still not under control with the meds.