VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sad Blue Water issue

Rate this question

Berta

Question

One of the Big Six vet orgs had an article about HR 299 posted and opened their site for comments.There were about 70 comments and replies last time I checked it.

I found some of these Blue Water Veterans had ships that were already on the VA AO Ships list and they didn't know it, until I went through the 2019 list and posted the info they needed.

I also found that some of the commenters did not know what the AO presumptives were.

Also some did not have their Deck logs and there are a few of us advocates there to direct them.

I have seen Nothing on TV yet , but then again I only watch one news channel and sporadically at that.

Maybe when the actual regulations come out, this will be National News. 

A widow there did seem to have a valid potential AO claim. I believe that even many AO IHD vets are unaware they can still file a claim.

It is sad to think that, although the electronic vets community has grown so much since I was first on line at Prodigy Veterans BBS, circa late 1990s, still there are so many vets and their survivors who never know of the benefits they can obtain from the VA.

And this gets me- a veteran can be diagnosed with a AO condition by VA, and treated for it, and their records reveal they served in Vietnam, yet the VA doctor, as likely as not, will not tell them they have an AO presumptive, even if the doc knows it.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet