VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

vgorman0306

Question

Hey guys, 

I don't know if I'm in the right place but i was needing some clarification. After fighting with the military for six years, the C&P examiner stated that my condition precludes me from any physical occupation. 

I developed asthma back in 2012, while in service. Is that typical wording for pretty much everyone? I guess my English isn't that great and i would like someone to please explain to me what that entails? The examiner 

also stated that there is a 50% chance or greater that my injury was incurred in the line of duty, does that mean that they service connected me? 

thank you for responding. 

3 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

yes its all favorable from this examiner.

Having being service connected for asthma ,  you might want to look into other possibility's for secondary claims that are caused from your asthma.

just a thought! 

@Buck52

Can I do that even though it's not something i originally claimed? 

I mean I have had depression and I was medicated for it-- but that was a couple years after my health was at its worst

• Lead Moderator
3 minutes ago, vgorman0306 said:

@Buck52

Can I do that even though it's not something i originally claimed? 

I mean I have had depression and I was medicated for it-- but that was a couple years after my health was at its worst

Of course you can!  I had multiple conditions start years after, I don't think there is a time limit on this.

• HadIt.com Elder

ditto on shrekthetank1

as for as being shafted...look up your disability and see what the correct rating should be?  look on on the guidlines for rating criteria and ask to be rated that or to the highest percent ratable by law.

the VA is suppose to give you the highest rating that comes closes to your disability according to the rating criteria  for that disability. lots of times they fail to do this   this is what is known as a low ball rating.

I believe Richard 1954 commented on this.

• Lead Moderator

wow that is a very broad question.  I have been lowballed multiple times.  My most current is over 6 years of waiting now.  It is all but ready for the RO to make a decision based on the C&P, and it seems as if they are dragging their feet.