VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

vgorman0306

Question

Hey guys, 

I don't know if I'm in the right place but i was needing some clarification. After fighting with the military for six years, the C&P examiner stated that my condition precludes me from any physical occupation. 

I developed asthma back in 2012, while in service. Is that typical wording for pretty much everyone? I guess my English isn't that great and i would like someone to please explain to me what that entails? The examiner 

also stated that there is a 50% chance or greater that my injury was incurred in the line of duty, does that mean that they service connected me? 

thank you for responding. 

Vgorman0306 ask as many broad questions or specific questions as you have.  There are a number of people on this board that will answer any question you have without getting upset.  Questions are how we learn about this trying process.

2 hours ago, vgorman0306 said:

@Richard1954

The reason why ( which I know doesn't matter to the rater) I was on my medicine is because they called me in to test the next day.  So from what you are saying the rater goes by the post-bronchodilator and not the pre?

Still, with max therapy and all my meds, that seems to be bad, shouldn't my numbers be normal?  I'm on low doses of steroids every day to keep my immune system controlled because I am that sensitive. and I also take another immune-suppressant shot monthly that stays in my system until I get my next shot. 

Thank you for your input, any little pieces of info and opinions help

Yes they due use the post  inhaler  for rating purposes... they use to use other things as well like oral ( pill form) steroids to rate.. but now it looks like they are just using the post bronchodilator  for rating but in your case the pre and post numbers did not change much to make any difference.... I do hope I am wrong, I have been wrong before and I will be praying that you get a good rating.,.,...also I don't think  the immune system shots will not play any part in the rating

Edited by Richard1954

• Lead Moderator
4 hours ago, vgorman0306 said:

@shrekthetank1

My bad, didn't mean to make it so broad.  I'm glad i can get a picture of what other people have gone through and are going through

yes please ask as many questions as you like!  I was not going off, There are just a lot of different answers.  

I have also seen people get them done much quicker with the new process.  It will be an adventure we all go through!

13 hours ago, vgorman0306 said:

I mean I have had depression and I was medicated for it-- but that was a couple years after my health was at its worst

I had my non VA doctor say it was secondary to my service connected condition. You should file for it and expect to be low balled by the VA. Keep fighting them and don't give up.