VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

vgorman0306

Question

Hey guys, 

I don't know if I'm in the right place but i was needing some clarification. After fighting with the military for six years, the C&P examiner stated that my condition precludes me from any physical occupation. 

I developed asthma back in 2012, while in service. Is that typical wording for pretty much everyone? I guess my English isn't that great and i would like someone to please explain to me what that entails? The examiner 

also stated that there is a 50% chance or greater that my injury was incurred in the line of duty, does that mean that they service connected me? 

thank you for responding. 

On 7/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, vgorman0306 said:

I was just wanting to verify that the letter seals any holes into why I blew 10% PFTs. 

I don't see where you are getting 10% PFTs from. I had to look up PFTS to see what it was. I looked back through this post and am left confused.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:23 AM, vgorman0306 said:

Hey guys, 

I don't know if I'm in the right place but i was needing some clarification. After fighting with the military for six years, the C&P examiner stated that my condition precludes me from any physical occupation. 

I developed asthma back in 2012, while in service. Is that typical wording for pretty much everyone? I guess my English isn't that great and i would like someone to please explain to me what that entails? The examiner 

also stated that there is a 50% chance or greater that my injury was incurred in the line of duty, does that mean that they service connected me? 

thank you for responding. 

What the examiner gave you was what is called a positive medical opinion. That additional verbiage is generally seen when an individual files a claim for IU (individual unemployability) as that is additional criteria that an examiner can examine for and opine about; this may or may not be applicable in your case. 

The rater will look at the DBQ to ascertain whether or not it was filled out correctly and whether or not there are any discrepancies. There can be discrepancies with previous exams, other medical evidence whether military, VAMC or private. The rater will look at the medical opinion and determine whether or not there are any manual references that contradict it i.e. peripheral neuropathy is presumptive to agent orange, but it must have an onset and diagnosis within one year of leaving RVN (most RVN Veterans get it by claiming it secondary to DM2 which has no time limit as an AO presumptive condition.) They will then look at the rationale provided and determine whether or not it is adequate. This is what will determine whether or not something is service connected; there has to be an event in service, current diagnosis and a nexus (presumptive conditions do not need a nexus.)

A rater will then look at the specified criteria (they actually have an application that does most of the work) that will determine what percentage for rating one is at.