VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarded TDIU after NOD filed to increase PTSD

Rate this question

WyonJames1

Question

June 209 I filed disagreement notice after denial of increase of service connected  PTSD from 70%.  In August 2019, I filed for TDIU and was awarded in November 2019.  I have researched and researched to find a case/ruling/law that shows a veteran with similar circumstances and what the rulings were.

In effect, is the VA compelled to  increase 70% rating after TDIU is granted?  I am happy to do more research if someone can point me the way in my request to determine what, if anything, can be learned from previous decisions. 

I feel very very lucky to have had the 'chips fall my way'.  I also wish to thank any/all feedback

2 answers to this question

That is great news that you are 70% PTSD and now you have IU.  That means you will be paid at the 100% rate.  No, the VA will not increase your PTSD just because you are IU.  I am 70% PTSD and IU that is the single disability that makes me unemployable.  100% PTSD veterans cannot remember their name, they are pretty bad off.