VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim time frame

Rate this question

Arcticguy907

Question

Good afternoon all,

I am a little confused after talking to a VA rep. on the phone.

So,I just signed out on terminal leave and will be officially retired after 21yrs in the Army. I did a BBA claim,I think that's what it's called through my VSO and had all my CP exams done by QTC in May. I called the VA to make sure they received my DD214 and as we were talking the later said that all my C&P exam DBQs are in my file and so is my DD214, but she also said that they wont even start my claim until 01Sept..which is the day iam as I said be retired and also reflected on my DD214. So my question is, why would they sit on my claims until then if they have everything else they need? My VSO initially told me that it should be done by mid August,give or take. He is on leave now until 15Jul,so I cant ask him...any input battles?

Thank you for your input, but iam still covered under Tricarevasca active duty member until my PTDY Zand transition leave ends, VAMC epnt see me until then..at least not in Alaska. I was never implying that the VA is wrong or right..but would any of you explain to me what the difference is between a BDD CLAIM and a FULLY DEVELOPED CLAIM?