VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is there a special form to file for CUE

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

Given that the VA has moved to a new claims system which requires claims to be filed on specific forms,,, is there a special form to file a CUE claim ?

thanks 

5 answers to this question

DROs beg me to use a 526 EZ to accurately capture the Vet's name, rank, airspeed and tail number in all those squares they are putting on the forms now. You can also file it on anything that floats your boat by law. VA has told us in the last month they are coming out with a new form for that in the very near future. Define "near future". Until then, you can buy one of those metal cutting computer-driven doomoflotchies and file it on 1/64" steel plate. Just keep the sheets down to 8.5" X 11". My favorite is those endless paper towel roles in VAMC bathrooms. Just keep waving your hand in front of the IR sensor until it's long enough...

I always wrote CUEs as a letter, with no specific form but recently my 3 pending CUEs were sent to a different VARO and they have to be prepared with a new accrued benefit form ( Form 21P-601) and hen sent to another different VARO.

This is because I am a widow,still  eligible for accrued and have to use the new forms.

It would surprise me if the VA ever develops a form specifically for CUE claims-but then again more vets than ever are filing CUEs ,per the BVA web site.

It would be a good idea because most CUEs rest on only one or two legal errors.

If the legal error(s) is identified right away on the form, then the veteran could expand on how that error altered the

decision they claim holds a CUE.

Most CUE claims can be very short.

Mine could have been shorter but the Director of my VARO tried to get me to believe something that defies established case law.

I have had to rectify that error with evidence ( This was in a phone call from her) and I also filed a WH Hot Line Complaint, as my evidence to support that CUE, I believe has been destroyed by my original AOJ.

I already rattled off that situation here before.This has been SOP for over 20 years with my VARO.

I have had multiple decisions ,since 1995, that failed to consider my evidence.Those claims have all succeeded after a battle.

I asked the WH Hot line to get the regulation from the director that supports her phone call statements to me.

(There is no regulation at all to support what she said.I will post the VA regulation that supports one of my CUEs in the DIC forum. A survivor might need it someday.)

I read this thread too fast- when I posted-----

Asknod is correct, they are using the 526 for everything to include CUE claims.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:07 AM, Berta said:

they are using the 526 for everything to include CUE claims.

Hello Berta. Sometime in the next week or so I want to upload my CUEs pertaining to my 2011 decision. (thanks for your help)  I thought I had to use a form 958 because I could swear I read 526EZ is obsolete and to use 958. But I haven't been able to find where I read it. I happened to see this post and that you submit your CUEs in a letter with no form. and then the above comment that 526 is for everything including CUEs.  I'm wondering, I need to use a form at all? or should I go ahead and use 526EZ? I'm still searching for where I read 526EZ is obsolete. thanks

Edited by Justaskpat
spelled Berta's name correctly