VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

WHAT IS A FAST LETTER

Rate this question

TMannfish

Question

I am patiently waiting on the RO or the AMC to process my claim... I have been told that its at 1 of the 2 places.  4 months in now but 1 thing I keep seeing in different forums is the Fast Letter subject.  Particularly Fast Letter 10 02.  Can some one please explain to me what this is and what does it mean? 

6 answers to this question

It’s a procedural guidance to implement board decisions in a timely manner, in a nut shell.

My appeal grant was the AMC because I had a remand, in other words the it took 10 months to implement my award with the remand.

I submitted a FAST letter but it was ignored, as usual.

16 minutes ago, Bwaveteran said:

It’s a procedural guidance to implement board decisions in a timely manner, in a nut shell.

My appeal grant was the AMC because I had a remand, in other words the it took 10 months to implement my award with the remand.

I submitted a FAST letter but it was ignored, as usual.

Thanks for the response Bwaveteran.  So I am assuming that is what my letter from the BVA and the VLJ was.  I read it again yesterday and it gives in detail what needs to be reviewed and done with my remand by the RO.  I was granted my IU but I also had a remand on another claim.  Again thank upi for the input

No problem..don’t be surprised your appeal is at the AMC still.

I thought mine was at the RO the whole time but, nonetheless it was at the AMC. My remand was for IU but, it became moot when my grant put me at %100. P&T. 

Good luck and congrats on the IU also.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:40 AM, Bwaveteran said:

My remand was for IU but, it became moot when my grant put me at %100. P&T. 

curious, did you get back pay on the remanded IU claim?

in general if the BVA remands on IU and the VARO just bumps you to 100% it is to avoid paying you the retro.

I don't know your circumstances, but if you are at the BVA you have been IU for a while and that chunk of change is legally yours even if they did try to sidestep paying it to you.

Yeah, the IU remand was retro back dated to 2013 til 2018, according to my award letter. Went %100 scheduler P&T after that.