VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rodney91

Rate this question

Rodney91

Question

I was sent to a civilian psychologist for mst with depression and anxiety disorder he turned every thing around on me and said I was incompetent to handle my finances I've had a va social worker for 8 yrs never missed my rent payments or had my utilities turned off I'm going to contact my senators to make sure this doctor never gives another veteran a exam he's the one who's incompetent I'm a 57 yr. Old Male from Missouri been fighting this mst for yrs to afraid to say anything till now the st.louis va had my records showing my depression and anxiety with mood disorders these are the kind of doctors Lhi is contracting out to do exams on veterans

• HadIt.com Elder

If you get notice that the VA is actually going to declare, you willneed professional help to fight them. It isn't likely you would prevail without help. Start ckecking out lswers that are experienced in your situation. Best of luck to you.

This is something that you will want to fight if they go through with it.  Provide documentation that you have been able to pay your bills.  I agree with GBArmy that you might want to hire a lawyer for this one.  If you cannot find a lawyer look up VA agents.  One might be willing to help you for free.  This list is courtesy of asknod:

https://asknod.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/va-agents-list-2018.pdf 

5 hours ago, Rodney91 said:

said I was incompetent to handle my finances

@Rodney91

Is this in writing yet? or is it just something he said in a meeting with you? was it a C&P exam or just a therapy session?

If it is already in writing and you have a copy can you redact your personal information and upload a copy here?

Did you apply for an increase or did the VA just decide to send you to a Review exam?

Did the VA send you a notice they were trying to reduce your rating?

How long have you been SC'd? more than 5 years?

Another of your posts says " I have to fight the va to keep my 30% service connection " has there been a letter suggesting a reduction in your compensation? that is another severe issue that might be part of the reason this Dr said that.

I am not trying to defend what the Dr apparently said about your finances, but based on the limited information you have provided here, could it be that he is trying to help you avoid a reduction in your SC rating? us folks with MH conditions, including MST, can have financial problems and it is a question on the DBQ's. Having money problems, might and I only mean might, be a situation that the Dr is using to refute that attempt at reduction in SC rating.

Based solely on the 3 posts you have made so far it seems you were sent to a Review C&P for your MST and that review was to determine if a reduction in SC rating is warranted.

Typically a reduction attempt is only based on evidence that 1) your condition has gotten better 2) your award was incorrectly decided, or 3) fraud was involved in making your claim.

I am not suggesting you committed fraud.

The possibility of your award being incorrect or your condition getting better would have to be based on information in your medical records. The VA would have to disclose those reasons to you.

You say your are 57, that means your rating is "protected" based on age. A protected rating is harder to reduce but not impossible.

If you are SC'd for more than 5 years you have another level of protected status which makes it harder to reduce the rating.

please read this article

https://www.disabilitysecrets.com/legal-advice/disability/veterans-disability/why-the-va-reduce-disability-benefits

I do agree with the others, get an attorney if they are proposing to reduce your compensation. The rules for a reduction are different than other types of claims and you can screw yourself if you do not comply with them and the dates they impose.

please post more details, award letters, etc. if you do please redact your personal info.

MST is hard to prove and generally harder for males to prove. Sexual Assault victims frequently don't report the attack and males even less than females. That they found a nexus works in your favor. It means that there is credible evidence of the assault.

So unless that nexus was somehow refuted or your therapist said you are "back to normal" in some medical report, then it is difficult to see how the VA can realistically reduce your rating. Without further information we cannot know or have an opinion.

Good luck with this and if we can help please post the requested documents so we can make the best informed suggestions possible.

@Rodney91 The above advice is excellent so I would suggest going over it closely and see what fits you best. Always remember the more information you provide in your posts allows for better and more on target advice. Good luck!

I went to my comp. Exam form my ptsd secondary to mst. I had favorable evidence from the va for my depression and anxiety. It was supposed to be  a 2 hr. Exam it was 30 min. I have a V.A. social worker  he couldn't understand why he said I was I incompetent. He didnt put nothing in his decision of my flashbacks nightmares depression anti social I can go on of my symptoms he was very bias in my opinion. This was a c&p exam for my depression anxiety secondary to my mst I had favorable findings from the va he didnt even address the main issues like I said when I got my decision back he put in it I was incompetent. The only thing was maybe being homeless and suicidal 20 yrs ago The exam was for my ptsd it had nothing to do with competency anyway I'm very competent Any suggestions out there thank you Rodney 

Edited by Rodney91
Explaining the exam better

5 minutes ago, Rodney91 said:

I have a V.A. social worker  he couldn't understand why he said I was I incompetent

sorry, I don't understand this sentence in context to your posts.

who is "he"? are you saying that the VA social worker could not understand why "he" (meaning himself) said you were incompetent?

or are you saying the C&P Dr said he could not understand why the VA social worker said you were incompetent?

or are you saying the VA Social Worker does not understand why the NON VA psychologist said you were Incompetent?

9 minutes ago, Rodney91 said:

He didnt put nothing in his decision of my flashbacks nightmares depression anti social I can go on of my symptoms he was very bias in my opinion 

Same question here, which "He" are you referring too?