VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dbq to differentiate PTSD and tbi social occupational impairment

Rate this question

Phild523

Question

My claim went back to gathering of evidence after I had my second c&p exam for tbi initial. My vso the Dav said it was a dbq to differentiate the symptoms of tbi and PTSD as far as social and occupational impairment. I recieved at least as likely as not on all exams, PTSD, both tbi exams. Has anyone experienced this or know what it means? Is this a good sign my claim will be granted ? Thank you.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I'm going through the same thing.  Provided an outside nexus and dbq from a Psyc PHD on Seperate claims for PTSD and TBI.  Then the VA sends me to their contractors for the same stuff.  Two weeks later, I have an additional C&P through QTC for headaches (never claimed headaches).  It has been deferred for the time being.  ETA on a decision is Oct 1, according to ebennefit.

At least as likely as not is a 50/50 decision and the tie goes to the veteran.  If you are not awarded for PTSD and TBI fight it with an HLR or Supplemental appeal.  The if not won go to the BVA.

Thank you vet quest I think they are trying to lump PTSD and tbi together when I had the examiner state they can differentiate the symptoms. Also, if I am not granted I will take the next steps necessary.