VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dbq to differentiate PTSD and tbi social occupational impairment

Rate this question

Phild523

Question

My claim went back to gathering of evidence after I had my second c&p exam for tbi initial. My vso the Dav said it was a dbq to differentiate the symptoms of tbi and PTSD as far as social and occupational impairment. I recieved at least as likely as not on all exams, PTSD, both tbi exams. Has anyone experienced this or know what it means? Is this a good sign my claim will be granted ? Thank you.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

My outside DBQ and nexus (from a VES examiner) specifically recommended 70% PTSD and should be separated from TBI rated at 40% in his opinion.  It'll be interesting how the VA rates it.  I'm with you.  If they try to lump them together than I will ask for a reconsideration.  These are the last of my claims out of about 8 things.  I'm at 100%, and most say 'let sleeping dogs lie', but that ain't me.  They need to get it right.  It could make a difference down the road.

3 hours ago, El Train said:

My outside DBQ and nexus (from a VES examiner) specifically recommended 70% PTSD and should be separated from TBI rated at 40% in his opinion.  It'll be interesting how the VA rates it.  I'm with you.  If they try to lump them together than I will ask for a reconsideration.  These are the last of my claims out of about 8 things.  I'm at 100%, and most say 'let sleeping dogs lie', but that ain't me.  They need to get it right.  It could make a difference down the road.

A few people have looked over my dbq for PTSD and say it should be 70%. I don't think I would get much for tbi. Basically all cognitive impairment and memory so probably 10 %. Examiner also did a dbq for migranes in which would probably be 30%. I m just confused by the whole process. I thought my evidence and records painted a picture that was obvious. I hear you about your situation. It seems like your tbi and residuals are far worse than mine. Let's just hope for the best for both of us. 

• HadIt.com Elder

El Train /Phild523

I don't think you will be denied I never read your c&p exam report..but from what you posted   your claim for mental health looks favorable in my opinion...not sure on the rating?   depending on what they find in exams of your TBI to differentiate the symptoms of TBI and PTSD 

it should render you a rating for your TBI but depends on the severity of the TBI ? 

This type of rating is very hard to decipher between the two PTSD and the TBI.  You will just have to be calm and wait and see just how they rate this...you can always appeal if you are not satisfied with the decision.