VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dbq to differentiate PTSD and tbi social occupational impairment

Rate this question

Phild523

Question

My claim went back to gathering of evidence after I had my second c&p exam for tbi initial. My vso the Dav said it was a dbq to differentiate the symptoms of tbi and PTSD as far as social and occupational impairment. I recieved at least as likely as not on all exams, PTSD, both tbi exams. Has anyone experienced this or know what it means? Is this a good sign my claim will be granted ? Thank you.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Buck52, thank you. It is nerve racking for sure. Cp examiner stated he could differentiate between symptoms. Stated cognitive impairment and memory problems. I just don't know what the va is trying to do. I am thinking they are just trying to combine them and that's why the are asking the examiner about social and occupational impairment. 

They could be asking about social and economic impairment to figure out how serious your symptoms are.  This could be a very good thing. 

• HadIt.com Elder

vetquest has a good point!

Remember they rate the PTSD on our symptoms and the TBI is rated on the severity of the condition   which is actually the same thing but the TBI can cause other severe symptoms  to arise later to other parts of our body  with focus on the brain injury.

I think we have a hadit member here who is rated with both PTSD and TBI...you may want to PM him and ask about how they rated him?I think his member screen name is  jfrei

Edited by Buck52

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

vetquest has a good point!

Remember they rate the PTSD on our symptoms and the TBI is rated on the severity of the condition   which is actually the same thing but the TBI can cause other severe symptoms  to arise later to other parts of our body  with focus on the brain injury.

I think we have a hadit member here who is rated with both PTSD and TBI...you may want to PM him and ask about how they rated him?I think his member screen name is  jfrei

Thank you very much guys. 

I’m telling you if you want to fight my doctor differentiated my symptoms of each dx sTBI and ptsd and then also put the percentage of which contributed to each and still lumped it together but made me 100% P and T for my TBi

24 minutes ago, jfrei said:

I’m telling you if you want to fight my doctor differentiated my symptoms of each dx sTBI and ptsd and then also put the percentage of which contributed to each and still lumped it together but made me 100% P and T for my TBi

I think I would only be at 70 for PTSD and thinking probably 10 for tbi since its cognitive m memory issues etc.

Screenshot_20190711-222115_Photos.jpg