VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Decisions

Rate this question

Fat

Question

Is the BVA Search Decisions working?

Anyone else having trouble looking up prior decisions.

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, Fat said:

Is the BVA Search Decisions working?

Anyone else having trouble looking up prior decisions.

It was working yesterday morning, but looks hosed up today.

https://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.jsp

Last time this happened, I was able to use Google's search feature to get around it to some degree. Just phrase your search like this:

site:www.va.gov/vetapp15 1151

"site" will search a single site only

The "15" represents the two digit year

The "1151" is the term you want to find. In this case, I was searching for 1151, but could search anything.

I just searched and was presented with a list of hits. Clicking them took me on to the VA site. Looks like the BVA search logic is hosed, but the rest of the content is unaffected.

Edited by Vync

I had problems as well- I was searching under Pes Planus for a new member here earlier this week.

Nothing would pop up in the search so I did what vetquest suggested and got a few decisions via google.

I just tried again and 4,687 decisions popped up, for Pes Planus.

But the veteran needs an inservice nexus and has to follow the advice others gave him here.

I have used the BVA site since it went on line, many times a week. It goes down from time to time for maintenance and then down when they add recent decisions, and then it goes down, for other reasons, but I dont know why.

Th BVA is one of the best tools we have to understand why claims are awarded by BVA and why they are denied.

Practically everything I know about CUE came from BVA decisions  re:  CUE - denials were as helpful as any awards they made under CUE.

I like the BVA decisions but I’ve actually had better luck with google playing around with searching exact phrases in “.@@@@“ that your searching with also veteran appeal. But it gets frustrating hours of searching, I have had my share of wasted time doing this but oddly it did end up paying off, whether it being dumb luck a win is always still a win however you get across the finish line.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Looks like it is working again today