VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed for one condition, VA added a bunch of increase claims

Rate this question

Bunny448

Question

I don't know if this is good or bad.  It might be good as the VA thinks these should be increased, it might be bad as I think they were static and I might have c&ps....

I'm 100% schedular.  I filed for syringomyelia for a cyst on my cervical spine from neck trauma in Iraq.  It carries a 30% rating but I likely need surgery to relieve it.

Just checked VA.gov on the claim and they added all these increases as part of my claim.... 1. Is this possibly a good thing?  or 2. do I risk my static ratings that already have me at 100%?

Sorry for the formatting.   Thanks in advance!  Notice the syringomyelia is SEC but the rest are INC (increases) that I didn't ask for.

In case it doesn't come through, this is from Ebenefits:

What you’ve claimed
  • Syringomyelia(due to TBI in Combat) (Secondary)
  • chronic posttraumatic headaches with muscle tension headaches (Increase)
  • thoracolumbar strain with scoliosis
  • Intervertebral disc syndrome and degenerative arthritis of the spine (previously rated under dc code 5237) (Increase)
  • spinal stenosis
  • levo scoliosis
  • intervertebral disc syndrome and degenerative arthritis
  • cervical spine (Increase)
  • traumatic brain injury(also claimed as head pressure that affects ability to concentrate) (Increase)

Syringomyelia(due To Tbi In Combat)  06/21/2019 SEC View Pending Claim
Traumatic Brain Injury(also Claimed As Head Pressure That Affects Ability To Concentrate) 06/21/2019 INC View Pending Claim
Chronic Posttraumatic Headaches With Muscle Tension Headaches 06/21/2019 INC View Pending Claim
Spinal Stenosis, Levo Scoliosis, Intervertebral Disc Syndrome And Degenerative Arthritis, Cervical Spine 06/21/2019 INC View Pending Claim

Thoracolumbar Strain With Scoliosis, Intervertebral Disc Syndrome And Degenerative Arthritis Of The Spine (previously Rated Under Dc Code 5237)

06/21/2019 INC

View Pending Claim

Edited by Bunny448
More info

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

First and foremost when you file a disability claim and already have disabilities, it opens the door for the VA to look at everything you have. I wasn't able to open what you posted so I don't know what else you have there. Also, If you do have surgery, and you are recovering, you get a temp rating of 100% for that condition for a year while you recover and then you will be re-evaluated for the residual conditions  and rated accordingly. With several conditions, you might as well expect that you will be able to appeal at least some. 

5 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

First and foremost when you file a disability claim and already have disabilities, it opens the door for the VA to look at everything you have. I wasn't able to open what you posted so I don't know what else you have there. Also, If you do have surgery, and you are recovering, you get a temp rating of 100% for that condition for a year while you recover and then you will be re-evaluated for the residual conditions  and rated accordingly. With several conditions, you might as well expect that you will be able to appeal at least some. 

Thanks GB, makes sense.  Just wondering why they put these as increases as if I requested that.  I'll try 1000 too.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sure, other than hanging on for an hour, you do end up talking to someone. Sometimes, and I do mean sometimes, you can get some useful info out of them. I found calling between 2:00-3:30 PM isn't too bad (usually.) Good luck.