VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vertigo and after effects

Rate this question

Bluslim

Question

I was wondering and had heard this at times. If you are diagnosed with vertigo, does the doctor notify the state and will it affect your driving. I know they don't for Menieres and that is worse then vertigo. 
But I was wondering for those who had vertigo, if that had ever occurred. I have it, but it may not be worth losing my driving privileges. Thanks for any advice

Edited by Bluslim
grammar

Okay thanks for answers, but I( may have left some stuff out. My apologies, I have not ever lost consciousness, nor has vertigo ever occurred when I drive. It's mainly at night. Never happens during day. Its occasional too, its not a daily or even a weekly occurrence thing. Thanks I appreciate the answers. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Normally if you tell a Dr that you loses consciousness,  they don't won't you to be driving   rather or not you lose consciousness at night  you could still lose it during the day time driving..its a dangerous condition you have.

I think this went off topic because someone said they lost consciousness but that was not the person asking the question. To answer your question i have a vestibular disorder and I get vertigo. Its pretty darn bad vertigo as well but I did not lose my license nor do i think I would have an issue pulling to side of the road safely if it were to come on when driving.  I usually get it while turning quickly after spending to much time on the computer looking at excel programs and such. Yours sounds like PPV vertigo because i never got mine at night in bed. Everyone has different issues but it is your responsibility to keep yourself and others safe. I'm not a doctor and i don't know your history or your state rules but its an obvious thing if you can drive or not drive. Not just because a doctor say so. Good luck and I hope you clear up the vertigo with vestibular exercises.