VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received small deposit from former employer

Rate this question

NFLFan1980

Question

I'm kinda freaking out as I just found a small deposit from my previous employer. To make a long story short, I stopped working early last year but was still on the books (Government Employee). I was approved for TDIU  in March of this year and was technically terminated from my agency on the last day of June. Now I get a deposit of $7.00 in my account. I didn't work and I can only guess that this was left over leave but it's still going to show as earned income on my W2.

Should I be worried? I read that another vet had received threats of TDIU removal after he recevied 10 cents years after he last work from his previous employer.

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't fret. It isn't going to do anything to your disability comp. It's $7.00 not $70K. You are allowed to make really low amounts, like way less than min. wage. This is just an accounting transaction to clear a nominal amount off your old employer's books, like in getting rid of minor liability on their books. If it makes you feel better, contact them and ask them to reply in writing the reason why the amount was paid. Lastly, I don't think they have to report that low amount on a W2.  And I don't believe that the other veteran didn't appeal such a stupid ruling, if the VA did do that.

GBArmy made a very good response the this question.  If you are TDIU you could conceivably make about $13,000 dollars a year without losing your TDIU.  Not that I would want to do that, but the $7.00 is not a concern.

ok thanks guys, i'm going to contact them and get a written reply just in case. VA doesn't surprise me with some of the decisions they make so I'm going to try and cover myself.