VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Wrong DLI?

Rate this question

Bluntly

Question

Greetings to all, as I'm on to the next process dealing with ssa. Which my appeal is at the AC, i noticed the judge had on there my DLI is December of 2018. I believe this to be wrong when my last time working full time was in August of 2014. At my hearing the judge asked a question which my lawyer didnt know, and the judge just said this is to my benefit anyway and said the DLI is December of 2018. How is this to my benefit if this is wrong? as i believe i should still be insured, at least til the end of this year. Will the AC find this to be a error? if indeed the DLI is wrong

Keep in mind I haven't address this in my appeal letter, just want to know will they catch a error like that. Thanks for taking the time out to read this.

Edited by Bluntly

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I don't know the answer. This looks like something you should be able to ask your lawyer. Don't expect anybody to catch any errors to your benefit. Keep an eye on it yourself.

I appreciate you guys feedback. I'm still waiting to hear back from my lawyer on this matter. Who said she will reach back out to me with the formula on how they came to that. Also, this was not my lawyer who was at my Alj hearing.

Both of these lawyers work for the same office, just one dont go any further than Alj hearings.

4 hours ago, vetquest said:

You say the last time you were working fulltime was August of 2014.  Were you working at all until December of 2018?

No, I havent work at all since August of 2014

18 hours ago, Bluntly said:

No, I havent work at all since August of 2014

Then I would talk to your lawyer and find out if your date should not be the date that you stopped working.