VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P exam notes on ebenefits

Rate this question

PACBRED

Question

Hello Everyone

I recently had a 2nd C&P Exam for the same SC injury due to the 1st doctor didn't fill out all the boxes of the DBQ on that exam. So VA scheduled a 2nd C&P exam with a different doctor due to the first doctor didn't completely fill out the DBQ to completion. So weeks went by and so I decided to go on ebenefits to view my C&P Exam however there was a note on file stating You may not view this completed C&P administrative note. C&P note has addendum???? I thought every vet is entitled to notes concerning there health? Should I be concerned? My completion date is next week and the status has not changed?? Any suggestions anyone???

6 answers to this question

If the C/P exam was conducted at a VA facility it should be in your medical records,  unless a VA facility has the authority to withhold it from the veteran  for more than 3 business days, it should be accessible.  At the  VA facility in Temple Texas my exams were available in one case before 3 days...... 

Ini a case where the c/p exam was done by a contractor... it will take a long time to get a copy of the exam.. I requested a copy of a C/P exam (that I send to the regional office) on an exam in January and I still don't have a copy.

• HadIt.com Elder

You could get a copy if you file a Freedom of Info Form, but the decision will be done long before you get the report. There must be some SOP not to disclose when they have an addendum to a dbq: it happened to me  as well. Your best course of action is just to wait it out another week and see. You can always file after the decision anyway. They wouldn't tell me anything when I called Peggy either.

On 7/13/2019 at 3:13 AM, GBArmy said:

You could get a copy if you file a Freedom of Info

Yes , however  I requested copies of my exams from Jan 2019,  I am still waiting for them 7 months later.  In the meantime, you only have 1 year to file a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) so to protect the claim you might want to file the NOD and later go back and amend the NOD  due to not having  a copy of the C/P examination in a reasonable amount of time. 

On 7/12/2019 at 10:08 AM, PACBRED said:

Hello Everyone

I recently had a 2nd C&P Exam for the same SC injury due to the 1st doctor didn't fill out all the boxes of the DBQ on that exam. So VA scheduled a 2nd C&P exam with a different doctor due to the first doctor didn't completely fill out the DBQ to completion. So weeks went by and so I decided to go on ebenefits to view my C&P Exam however there was a note on file stating You may not view this completed C&P administrative note. C&P note has addendum???? I thought every vet is entitled to notes concerning there health? Should I be concerned? My completion date is next week and the status has not changed?? Any suggestions anyone???

How how did you request a second C&P? I had one Friday and the doctor made zero mention of one of my request for evaluation 

Hello creek chub I didn't request a second C&P. The VA did that based on the 1st C&P Exam. I guess that doctor didn't fill in all the necessary boxes to make a determination  that they felt that they needed another doctor to fill in the blank. This is where all the VA funding is going to pay out doctors that didn't do the job right and getting another doctor to finish up the first doctors job. This is crazy and considered misuse of VA funding. 

32 minutes ago, PACBRED said:

This is crazy and considered misuse of VA funding. 

Maybe it is considered a misuse of VA funding my me and other veterans but the VA does not see it that way.  The VA does what they do and sometimes there is no rhyme or reason.