VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Your thoughts on this?

Rate this question

cavscout1967

Question

Hello, I checked ebenefits and it said I received a GRANT from the CAVC for increased rating "anklyosis of the shoulder." I had appealed for depression and anxiety as well and they were not addressed on ebenefits so I am guessing it is still on remand at the BVA level. Ebenefits also stated that my remand would take 16-24 months. I am currently 60% with 10 for tinnitus, 20 for ankle, 20 for shoulder, 20 for shoulder radicupathy, 10 for knee. What does all this mean? if I am not providing the information needed for input I am happy to do that but at this time I dont know what else to provide you guys.

Thank you.

• HadIt.com Elder

From what you said, it sounds like the balance of your claim would be on remand. But, then again, until you get your confirmation BBE you will have to wait and see. Ebenefits isn't always dependable; could change after posting. You should get the confirming in a week or so usually. Sit tight and wait for it.

I checked ebenefits and it said I received a GRANT from the CAVC for increased rating "anklyosis of the shoulder." I had appealed for depression and anxiety as well and they were not addressed on ebenefits 

First of all, ebenefits does not list stuff at CAVC.  When you get a CAVC decision, its posted at the CAVC website.  You can do a "docket search" (CAVC) and type in your name.  Then click and it should show you what is going on at a CAVC claim.  

Also, "normally" i recommend an attorney at the CAVC level, but you are apparently going pro se, or your attorney would or should have informed you if there was a grant.  

Something seems wrong here.  

I went to the CAVC website and my docket is listed as well as my case. It was closed at the CAVC level and a remand was issued. The NVLSP got involved and did a presentation memo that was a JMR and that was approved for the shoulder issue only and on ebenefits they said the word "grant" about my shoulder in green letters. That was what was on the ebenefits regarding my shoulder but the other items were not addressed as of yet. The CAVC # is 18-55. I dont understand all the ins and outs of this and was looking for some info on what to expect. Hopefully the additional info I provided will help. I can take a screenshot of what the ebenefits websites says and upload it if thats helpful.

Thank you.

Edited by cavscout1967
Better explanation and spelling

The Va works in mysterious ways... I recently had a claim granted (6 months ago)  with two items on remand.... You will receive a a letter indicating that the court has sent the case concerning the two items back to the Regional office ... in the same letter they will tell you what was granted, and what your new rating is and then the total rating.... You just need to wait for the letter. I have found that while ebenefits isn't always correct, listing service connected disabilities is one thing they seem to do a good job with. Check va.gov for more information  concerning your claims or  remands they have switched this information over to   them ( va.gov...)  you can use your ebenfits user  name and password to long in.

• HadIt.com Elder

.'' I am currently 60% with 10 for tinnitus, 20 for ankle, 20 for shoulder, 20 for shoulder radicupathy, 10 for knee.'' What does all this mean'' 

if you are 60%   10% 20% 20% 20% 10& are correct

Actually what is your question ? are you trying to get an increase? can you still work  or is working becoming more difficult because of your S.C. Disability's?

OR  Are you trying for a EED?

My question is what is the rating for "ankylosis of the shoulder". I looked up up CFR and do not see anything in it under muscleskeletal that specifically says those words. When I search ankylosis it has to do with the spine and not the shoulder. My other question was if the VA has issued a "grant, increase" at one level ie the CAVC for my shoulder but the other issues which were tied to the same claim are not final and under a remand at the BVA level will my claim be adjudicated and finalized by the CAVC order or will I have to wait for the BVA to decide the other issues and then find out about everything at once whether or not I am a higher rating overal which affects the pay.

In summary, I filed for depression, a higher rating for neuropathy and chronic shoulder strain in 2011 and these were denied at the RO and I appealed and was issued a remand at the BVA for the same items and out of the blue the NVLSP contacted me and said they read my denial and wanted to represent me because the had found an error in the chronic strain portion of the remand. The CAVC judge "granted an increase" but only for the shoulder issue. What is going on with my other claims? It's like the NVLSP swooped in and cut out a single thing and got it approved but whats the deal with the other things.

Thank you.