VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I have a little gripe

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Not only are some of these questions from newbees breezed over too fast, they often need valid advice , yet the whole appeal rigamorole  advice

and the "get a lawyer" stuff crops up right away.

There is a  new member whose question I had to read a few times-a few minutes ago ,but that is more times than the VA reads our stuff.....

If we are truly trying to be good advocates ( I am disabled too) we have to be more careful.

I appreciate that someone mentioned the fact that I provide links to support my replies, but all takes time, and I know those lonks often don't get read.

This week I have considerable farm and home things to do, and have to go to Bath NY 3 times.... a  half hour to and back due to farm equipment sometimes on the roads- so I hope this week you all will try- if you do reply, to read the newbee stuff more carefully and give them some positive suggestions, instead of telling them they need a lawyer- when they really dont----worse yet ,  when they are told to appeal  right away- but they might have a 3.156 or basis for CUE instead.

Some posts are confusing to read but if you spend time re reading the post ,it will become clear.

4 answers to this question

• Founder

As usual Berta makes an excellent point. The site is built around the community helping each other. Whether it be research, performing a search on the site, a link to a good post or article or just a quick hang in there. 

Try to do something for another veterans question at least once a week hadit.com is not a thing we are hadit.com you are hadit.com we have built a strong community and everyone who can  should want to contribute something for the next veteran coming down the line. That is the way it has grown and continues to grow for 23 years now.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have notice  the ''Get a lawyer'' seems to come up here on hadit quite a lot lately.....I just didn't want to say anything...but Ms Berta and Ms T bird are right on.

We all need to help our veterans especially the new ones seeking their benefits first time or for increase. and maybe help with their EED...I been having medical problems and not  on hadit a lot  here lately.

Hopefully  most of hadit members will help out a little better and not use the ''Get an Lawyer'' to much more  or refer it over to an elder member or other members that can help.   A Veteran don't need to ''get a Lawyer'' unless its his/her last resort And Has a Very Complicated Claim or elder hadit members recommends one.  Like Ms Berta, broncovet, asknod, and some of the other elder members that have a lot of claims experience  because the questions may be answered without ''getting a Lawyer''

• HadIt.com Elder

There are occasions when when someone posts a complicated problem and as you read it you determine that it is way too difficult and has too many elements for the person to handle it by themselves. If legal assistance is what you believe is the truly best advise for that veteran, it seems that it is against the culture of this forum to give that advise. Handling the claim might be the best advise for most people, but not for that person. So, in the future, if I come across a posting like that, I too will let someone else advise.