VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bad C&P exam

Rate this question

creek chub

Question

Hello, 

I had a very unpleasant experience with my C&P exam and need guidance. 

The examiner never asked me about my scar pain one time but checked that I didn’t have any pain.

he also seemed to shrug off my request to have my toe evaluated secondary to my bunion. 

Should i I let it got to a decision or make a note in ebenefits now requesting re-evaluation? 

Help please 

Also, he never asked me if the scar restricts the toe movement which it does but he checked no to that too. 

He spent more time complaining about his computer and VBA than asking me questions 

• Lead Moderator

So to the basics here. Did you file for your toe and your scar?  I assume you did. Then i would go to the va hospital and talk to the C&P officer there. They are probably not busy as most have not done a c&p In 3 plus years. Go in and explain what happened. And stay professional about what you are saying as they know you are not happy.  They can schedule you a new c&p to address all the issues. Hurry before your claim is completed. 

3 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

So to the basics here. Did you file for your toe and your scar?  I assume you did. Then i would go to the va hospital and talk to the C&P officer there. They are probably not busy as most have not done a c&p In 3 plus years. Go in and explain what happened. And stay professional about what you are saying as they know you are not happy.  They can schedule you a new c&p to address all the issues. Hurry before your claim is completed. 

Generally speaking that’s a solid idea. However I’m a VA employee at the facility that did the C&P exam. I’m concerned that I could be retaliated against if I make an informal complaint. Especially if I’m alleging that the physician basically falsified my examination. In fact I thought there was a rule VA employees couldn’t get a C&P at the facility that they worked  

• Lead Moderator

Ok well I would still go talk to the C&P officer and ask them to take a look.  If you don't feel comfortable filing the complained then wait and file an appeal after, but you will run into this issue again.  So you can try to wait it out and see if this person leaves and go the appeals route, but that might backfire as you are appealing they did not do their job in a way.  

Sooner or later you will have to deal with this issue or you can not and just let it be.  

I complained about a C&P done by QTC (it is a little different). The doctor told me one thing and wrote something up completely different. I complained/emailed a complaint to QTC, I called the White House 800 number, and also emailed the Roanoke RO director. You really can't worry about retaliation, if there is then call the WH hotline and your senator. It is up to the vets to complain/tell management when something is wrong. I have always done that in the past and not had any issues as of yet. JMO 

39 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

I complained about a C&P done by QTC (it is a little different). The doctor told me one thing and wrote something up completely different. I complained/emailed a complaint to QTC, I called the White House 800 number, and also emailed the Roanoke RO director. You really can't worry about retaliation, if there is then call the WH hotline and your senator. It is up to the vets to complain/tell management when something is wrong. I have always done that in the past and not had any issues as of yet. JMO 

I have blown the whistle before and have a 10 page nda with osc. Nothing changed and never will.