VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Scheduling

Rate this question

Mcbwv

Question

I recently had my C&P with VES for PTSD. I am still waiting for exams to be scheduled for hearing loss/ Tinitus . My first question is it has almost been two months since submitting my claim. Should it be a long wait for the final exam? Im afraid it will slip through the cracks. Also I read multiple post without being able to decipher a good answer is where can I get a copy of my recent C&P from VES?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 minutes ago, Mcbwv said:

Should it be a long wait for the final exam? I

The timing depends on the area you live in and the available Dr's that VES has in your area who are licensed Audiologists.

In general I think you are right to be wary and watchful. If it was me I would be calling VES and asking when my C&P is going to be. If the first operator sounds vague or unhelpful (and they can be) demand to speak to their supervisor.

So my PTSD exam was by VES, does that also mean VES will handle the other exams as well? I asked VES when they called for the original exam if that was the only exam scheduled and they responded that is all that they had. Could the VA do the other exams?

1 minute ago, Mcbwv said:

Could the VA do the other exams?

yes. and with other contractors.

1 minute ago, Mcbwv said:

does that also mean VES will handle the other exams as well?

The first VES was assigned my C&P I had six different calls from them and the operators at each call kept trying to push me into designating VES as my contractor of Choice. I not only refused them, I cussed the last 4 out and reported them to the VA Inspector General.

I now routinely refuse assignment to VES contractors just because of that behavior. It makes my claims delay a week or two, but I just won't use them or allow them to earn money off of me. Just because of that behavior.

I didn't know I had a choice. My exam was 106 miles from my house and with traffic took 3 1/2 hours each way. From what I have read on the forum chances of me getting a copy of my exam is hit or miss. I don't know where to even start.

23 minutes ago, Mcbwv said:

My exam was 106 miles from my house and with traffic took 3 1/2 hours each way.

oh yeah you have a choice. Long drives are not required. You do have to be reasonable about that, say you live in Montana and the nearest Qualified Doc is 100 miles away, then yeah you don't have many options.

That said don't let them bully you into doing something that causes you problems.

25 minutes ago, Mcbwv said:

From what I have read on the forum chances of me getting a copy of my exam is hit or miss

Getting your C&P from the VARO or through the VSO in the VARO office can be hit or miss. I have the same issue and I am only 11 miles from the VARO office.

26 minutes ago, Mcbwv said:

I don't know where to even start. 

Call your VSO's main office to set an appointment

Call Peggy and ask they send a message to the VARO to set an appointment for you to come down and review your C-File (this may or may not result in Peggy telling you "we can't do that".

Go to your VARO front desk and ask to review your C-File

Get a Copy of your C-file (this takes several months for it to arrive but it has most of the things you need).

-----

Which ever path you get there what you want is 1) The DBQ, 2) The Code Sheet, 3) Letters to and from the C&P provider concerning your exams, 4) Doctors Notes on your exam.

Getting the Doctors notes may be your biggest roadblock. for some reason these are not typically uploaded to the C-File in my experience. This may have changed I cannot say for sure. I am waiting on my latest copy of my C-File.

Order your C-File FIRST as it takes so long to get. By the time they work on your file it is likely your upcoming tests will also be in that file.

Then try the other options. In fact your VSO might just push you to ordering it instead of heading to the VARO and getting a copy. It happens. It happened to me. Repeatedly.