VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Form is Used

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I am filing a CUE based on a decision dated 9/24/2018. With the new rules what form am I supposed to use to file a CUE? I had originally submitted in a letter format but I am thinking it will either be rejected or ignored as correspondence.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I believe you are supposed to use VA FORM 21-526EZ. I think this is primarily so that pertinent information is filled in in the correct boxes. I think this makes it easier on the VA end to scan or enter that data.

I believe ASKNOD has stated it could be filed several interesting ways.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I called 1-800 and asked this recently. Because a claim was already filed, the form you submit depends on the situation. If you have additional evidence, even if it is a statement in support of claim, they told me to file it like a supplemental claim. If you just want the VA to take another look with a new set of eyes (no new evidence), then submit as a higher level review.

I could be wrong though. Hey, when I had a heart attack and my memory isn't what it used to be.

I originally filed it on VA form 20-0996 and the VA rejected it as not being eligible for that form since my claim decision was prior to February 19, 2019 when everything changed. I called the 800 # also and she told me I need to decide which form to use. The letter I got back in May 2019 for the rejection said to use VA form 21-0958. Now I had sent an email informing them of my CUE and they told me that form 21-0958 was discontinued. They told me to use either form 20-0996, 20-0995, or 10182. 

I just love how the VA gives misinformation on which forms to use. Just got to love it!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
2 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

I just love how the VA gives misinformation on which forms to use. Just got to love it!!!

Yeah, me too. The sent me a letter saying they cannot process my claim unless it was sent on the correct form despite sending me to a C&P exam. So, I sent the supplemental form and am still waiting. Crazy...

The CUE claim should be interesting. I wonder if they plan to turn those around in 125 days or less like everything else...

3 minutes ago, Vync said:

The sent me a letter saying they cannot process my claim unless it was sent on the correct form despite sending me to a C&P exam.

I know they can't seem to get their answers straight.

37 minutes ago, Vync said:

when I had a heart attack and my memory isn't what it used to be.

I am not sure what my excuse is, I am forgetting things all the time. I am getting old I guess...lol

4 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

I am filing a CUE based on a decision dated 9/24/2018. With the new rules what form am I supposed to use to file a CUE? I had originally submitted in a letter format but I am thinking it will either be rejected or ignored as correspondence.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I am really glad you posted this, I need to filed a CUE as well and no one seems to have the same answer as to what form to use, which is why I haven't filed it!  Drives me nuts!