VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scar Rating question

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Hi Everyone,

In my most recent C&P the examiner noted and measured 2 scars on my neck and jaw. I've read the rating info for scars of the Head/Face/Neck and filled in the chart they had because the first rating option didn't apply.  Can someone confirm for me that according to the rating info below, it would qualify me for 30%.  There's pain noted in the C&P with each scar in addition to the characteristics noted below.

"If there are 6 or more Characteristics, it is rated 80%. If there are 4 or 5 Characteristics, it is rated 50%. If there are 2 or 3 Characteristics, it is rated 30%. If there is 1 Characteristic, it is rated 10%."

image.thumb.png.b4405ba9e9c14af39271fa4cd221d645.png

In addition, during the same C&P the examiner documented and agreed (50% more than likely service related) that I had TMD secondary to broken jaw, painful motion of mandible,  reduced ROM, surgical wire in right mandible

Thanks in advance!

Randy

Edited by RBrogen

• Lead Moderator

So you can be rated for any scare related to any service connected conditions. 

For example. I have a rare disease where I have lipomas remover 2-4 times per year depending on how many and how painful they become. They will attach to nerves and become very painful. 

I also have scares from different surgeries in the military.  

So let’s say you have a knee injury in service and get service connected for your knee and later in life you have surgery on that knee and you now have a scare and that scare after healing is still painful or unstable this is ratable as secondary to your knee condition. 

Thanks for replying. I will be more direct with what I am asking. I had surgery in the service for a leg and ankle injury while on active duty and it left me with a 13" scar on one side of lower leg and a 5" scar on same leg but ankle and they hurt when pressed but otherwise look normal I can claim that if I chose too? I was certainly not aware of that. Am I understanding that correct? I do not have any lipomas I am aware of just pain and cant be pressed on ie. Grandkids going for leg rides etc.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:27 PM, cavscout1967 said:

Thanks alot! Very helpful and appreciate your replies to me.

Also, make sure you have every scar counted because 2 scars that are painful is 10% in addition to the disfigurement rating and 3 scars is 20% in addition to disfigurement rating.