VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scar Rating question

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Hi Everyone,

In my most recent C&P the examiner noted and measured 2 scars on my neck and jaw. I've read the rating info for scars of the Head/Face/Neck and filled in the chart they had because the first rating option didn't apply.  Can someone confirm for me that according to the rating info below, it would qualify me for 30%.  There's pain noted in the C&P with each scar in addition to the characteristics noted below.

"If there are 6 or more Characteristics, it is rated 80%. If there are 4 or 5 Characteristics, it is rated 50%. If there are 2 or 3 Characteristics, it is rated 30%. If there is 1 Characteristic, it is rated 10%."

image.thumb.png.b4405ba9e9c14af39271fa4cd221d645.png

In addition, during the same C&P the examiner documented and agreed (50% more than likely service related) that I had TMD secondary to broken jaw, painful motion of mandible,  reduced ROM, surgical wire in right mandible

Thanks in advance!

Randy

Edited by RBrogen

1 minute ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Also know what an unstable scar is. 

Yes and the importance of them measuring your scars and not just guessing.  I still have to have them add a scar because when I was at the C&P, I thought they were only interested in scars that were from surgical procedures that I had but I should have had them include one that happened when I got my jaw broken, not just the surgery to fix it.

Edited by RBrogen