VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim help

Rate this question

Raychamp

Question

I have so many medical conditions that were caused by diabetes (AGENT ORANGE) and I am confused with what medical conditions I should file claims for because some happened before my effective date but they have become worse since the effective date and some happened after the effective date.  I don’t want to pay for a DBQ or Nexus letter and not be able to claim them. Can you recommend someone  that could review my records and recommend to me what medical conditions I should file a claim for?   I would pay whoever would do this.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

OK so the first thing is we need to know is what disabilities are you s-c for already, and what ones have gotten worse. If they are listed as presumptive to A.O., you need to compare your condition symptoms to diagnostic codes and see if they warrant compensation or in some cases, an increase. Look them up on find my disability rating .com You will probably want to file for EVERY disability you should be compensated for. Why would you not? I assume you are a Vietnam veteran as you mention A.O., and that you have  a VA disability. What are you already rated for and how much for each and total combined rating?Do you use the VA for Health services, a private doctor, or both? Do some research and come back.

Diabetes Mellitus can cause many secondary conditions- visual problems, skin problems, foot problems, transcient ischemic attacks( mini strokes), full blown strokes, peripheral neuropathy, candidiasis, Peripheral arterial disease and can also cause major heart conditions, heart attacks ,and death,if it is not properly treated.

I filed a DMII ( AO claim) regarding my husband's death, and used the VA Diabetes Training letter which is searchable here, to prove the multiple conditions he had.

What made it difficult is that I had already won FTCA/1151 for malpractice, so I had to carefully word this claim to be for direct service connected death. 

I never had a IMO for the FTCA/ 1151 cases,which were granted, but this time-(i had a RO who was ignoring my evidence) and I gladly paid $4,000 for 2 IMOs, and got a freebee from a Neuro who used to work for the VA, because I knew the BVA , unlike my RO, would read my evidence, They did .I won that claim too.

You will need an IME to support any secondaries you claim.

What is your Effective date and what disability is that for? I do not understand what significance that has to your  DMII.

DMII ( diabetes Mellitus) can be service connected with proof of exposure to AO.In country vets, and soon , certain Blue Water veterans and their survivors ( possibly 130,000 per Sec Wilkie) will be eligible for AO compensation, when the regulations are prepared.

Diabetes Type One is not a AO presumptive.

We need more info.

I reviewed all of the medical records together myself for my DMII IMOs. The IMO doc did not need the SMRS.

I gave him a cover letter regarding all of the exhibits I enclosed, that revealed malpracticed DMII.

It was so bad-the malpractice- on the DMII - that the VA didn't even rate it but the ancillary benefits, because I claimed a direct SC death, which they awarded , were voluminous.

I also had a 1151  claim for malpracticed IHD but then Nehmer happened, and that too was awarded as direct SC death. My 1151 IHD claim is still an open issue they have to fix.

If you have heart disease and it is ischemic, it might be secondary to the DMII , but you can also file it for direct SC under Nehmer. The 2010 regulations for Nehmer are here in the AO forum.