VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private messaging on .va and myhealthyvet

Rate this question

cavscout1967

Question

Hi, I have sent a couple of messages the last week or so on both sites and although they appear to send they are not showing up under sent. I want to be sure my doc is getting them. Anyone else having this issue. It says on the website the last thing I sent was in May 2018.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

This most likely means your doc did not get the messages.  One possible reason:  You misspelled the docs name.  Or, in my VA we have a doc humans know as "Dr. K".  

Dont try to send him an email and expect the computer to know "Dr. K" is realy Dr. Kzrestsmuztxhiyhmethy even if all the humans in your VAMC know him as Dr. K. 

You may need to know his first name even if no one else's last name is spelled Kzrestsmuztxhiyhmethy on at least 4 continents.   

Edited by broncovet

Or, you can look up his number and call his office and ask to speak to his nurse, if you dont know who she is.  

At my VA, my prime care docs (VA) emails are read by his nurse first, and she deals with it and he may never know about it.  How do I know?  Well because I asked my prime care doc after sending him a message.  Not all docs may do it that way, tho.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I notice on Myhelthevet  that if your  new  to Myhealthvet   they are having   IT problems  so you may need to log out and log back in  serverel times  or wait until the next day (maybe?)

I PM my VA PCP some times and she reads her emails at the end of the day and sends her reply, some specialty clinics  Dental, has some one who answers the emails and gets back with you and trys to answer your question without  asking the Doc's...I don't agree with that method but that's what most clinic's do now days

if it don't say  ''your message as been sent'' it probably as not.

Check with the IT people  or the Clerks at your VAMC  at the Myhelathvet Office/ Area

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I noticed on Myhealthevet, I cannot type in a doctor's name. I can only choose from a pre-determined list of choices.

Make sure you did not save the message as draft.

Check the "sent" folder to see if it was actually sent.

When I go to Blue Button and download my progress notes, I can see my letter to them and their responses (like in "inbox", but with additional metadata/details.