VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

could some hadit experts look at the recent combined rating for PTSD and TBI. Do we need to get a second opinion

Rate this question

Vet Dog and wife

Question

could some hadit experts look at the recent combined rating for  PTSD and TBI. Do we need to get a second opinion could anyone give us a recommendation for an expert for getting TBI and PTSD separated

Thank you always for your help. this site is truly amazing

Edited by Vet Dog and wife

Do you agree with that assessment? It clearly indicates that VA CAN separate these two disabilities.

Phild 523 -What is you VA rating now? 

just to add to my prior posts to Vet dog wife- when these tests were completed the psychologist sent the results to Buffalo, as my husband had two claims pending.One was for higher rating of his PTSD.

I got some ridiculous denial, after he died, on my accrued claim for the PTSD and learned that VA Buffalo, never received the test results, nor any of the hypnosis sessions, and other therapy the PTSD shrink performed.

They had also told my Senatorrs and Congressman that SSA had refused to release his SSDI records. It was a lie.

I  went over to the local VAMC with the denial , my husband's SSDI awards, and asked the doctor where the test results were- He assured me they had them, sent them again and also added that he had seen the SSDI award solely for PTSD.He sent me a copy of the letter he prepared as soon as I left. Suddenly the claim was awarded-a few weeks later.

My point.We have to be aggressive in making sure the VA has everything the medical record files should have.

I just received 11 additional pages of a 1993 C & P exam my husband had.Funy how only 2 pages came with my Medical file request years ago.And my C file revealed a probative wrongful death exam, done for Regional Counsel, as a Peer review-and the RC called me up to begin negotiations.Then he disappeared, the Peer Review doctor disappeared ( I found them both) and the Peer Review disappeared.

I found it many years later when I asked for a copy of my C file. They had put this highly significant record into my C file and not in the medical record file.

My husband's 6 page autopsy was kept at that point from General Counsel,as I had to start all over again on the FTCA issue without it. OGC doctor was stunned that this had been held back by my VARO,deliberately.

I am sure I am not the only claimant who has had these problems, although- here 25 years later, the RO still refuses to read the autopsy. They have been sent about 14 copies in the past 25 years and those claims issues they denied, were all awarded by other VA entities who read the autopsy. 

I have taken extraordinary means to get the Director to read it.And I filed an OIG complaint.

They also ignored my IMOs for my AO DMII claim. The BVA didn't however and awarded. 

So I am sure I am not the only  claimant who has been victimized by the RO I deal with, but these things can take considerable time to get properly handled by someone who can read.

We cannot depend on vet reps to fight over these issues.

As I mentioned  I had to battle with the VAMC to get these tests done, Phild did not seem to have that problem.

But you might well need to get a non VA doctor to follow the IMO/IME criteria here and possibly give your husband the same 6 tests they gave my husband, that separated his PTSD from his stroke.

The actual victim is not me- this is the same way my husband's medical  records were handled when they caused his death. We actually believed their diagnoses and treatment were medical sound. After all they were doctors, we weren't. My dear dead husband is the victim of their  medical incompetence. 

I just do not want anyone here to go through the VA's deliberate attempts to deny our claims, in full view of the probative evidence.I think Shreddergate is still in action.

The tests I mentioned were  the MMPI ( Combat related )

The Hand Test,

Weschler Test,

Trails Mosing Test ,

and  'put the plastic objects into the holes they fit into' test and one or  maybe two more I mentioned here long ago.

I’m sorry I hate to say I tried for years to separate them I went as so far as to have the doctor rate each other separately at the exam by which disability attributed to the level of my total disability my PTSD he said was responsible for 50% of my total 100 percent and stated my memory condition is 100 attributed to my sTBI. But when it came to the final rating I got a letter stated no separate disability and ptsd was still a symptom of my TBI even though the cause of each where two separate conditions the ptsd was caused prior to my sTBI . But somehow the fact the ptsd is chronic which was made permanent to the TBI which is how they grouped it together this is all just something to keep in mind when the doctors talk to you...

This is what we got off of Ebenefits. didn't get the two 100% for PTSD and TBI

Total Combined Disability

You have a 100% final degree of disability. This percentage determines the amount of benefit pay you will receive.

Edited by Vet Dog and wife