• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

What is the best claim reference material these days?  I have not filed a claim in a few years.  I have an old vet benefits manual.  What has changed in the last five years?  

Posted (edited)

VBM is still the best.  There have been many many changes.  The biggest is RAMP, now called AMA.  

Edited by broncovet

Thanks Bronco

I worry that as I approach my 20 year mark at current disability they VA will pull a fast one and call me in for a C&P exam.  Most of the doctors I relied on for IMO's have retired.  I still have one doctor who will help me.  These doctors who will write IMO's for vets are a valuable resource and a shrinking resource I think.  I don't trust anyone working at the VA or through the VA.

6 hours ago, john999 said:

I worry that as I approach my 20 year mark at current disability they VA will pull a fast one and call me in for a C&P exam.

why do you think they would do that.... barriers are raised at different levels at different milestones. 1 is being 55 or older. then 5, 10, 15 years more appear. Then there is the whole P&T issue that pretty much wipes you out of consideration for every review (that you yourself don't initiate) except a random audit of your payments but not your conditions and ratings..

Breathe Breathe Breathe

I'm three years and three months away for my 20th year mark and not worried. That is why I said in the IMO section we need to find a range of many more new physicians that are young to do these IMEs and IMOs because no one stays young forever.

Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• Ads

• Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines