VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

• HadIt.com Elder

Matter of Fact   just a year or maybe 2 years ago I remember reading that Ms Tbird  came up on her 20 years protection  and the words she wrote were   What a Relief it was.  (meaning she has no worry with her benefits being taken away.

Your correct about one thing   Veterans should not be worrying about some thing that has not happen yet  but like I said  its in the back of most veterans minds that some day we may have to face this needless problem/issue.

if a Veteran tells you he is not worried he will ever get a call for a C&P TO REDUCE his her benefits  I'd say that veteran is not telling the truth.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

but the VA Doctors can & do put in their report that the veteran has shown an improvement over the years   or say anything about the Veterans S.C.  Disability that has shown an improvement according to his exam or evaluation of the Veteran

a random statement in a medical file is insufficient reason to start a proposal to reduce.

Second with the millions upon millions of medical record entries made every year, the VA would have to have thousands of people combing through them every day to find those random statements for this 'worry' to be of any paramount likelihood to affect any random vet.

Even if it does trigger that event the Reduction Process is distinct. The veteran must have a C&P, from there there has to be sustained evidence over at least a year that the improvement is significant enough that the "harm" they are rated for has been alleviated and they can earn a greater income because of that improvement.

Then another C&P has to be held.

In all of that process the veteran does have to be involved. They have to follow the process and respond in the set time frames.

The incidents of proposal's to reduce are vanishingly small compared to the full volume of veterans claims. The VA does not have the staff to process claims, much less task thousands to hunt for justification to try and reduce compensation.

1 minute ago, Buck52 said:

if a Veteran tells you he is not worried he will ever get a call for a C&P TO REDUCE his her benefits  I'd say that veteran is not telling the truth.

I am not worried and I am telling you the truth.

1 minute ago, Buck52 said:

just a year or maybe 2 years ago I remember reading that Ms Tbird  came up on her 20 years protection  and the words she wrote were   What a Relief it was.  (meaning she has no worry with her benefits being taken away.

Only she can speak to her level of "worry". Is it great to have that final protection? sure! is it worth fretting and worrying about? NO. is it worth setting your hair on fire? NO.

Vets with MD and PTSD do not need anything else to add to their problems, so to my mind promoting long-shot one-off events is not healthy for them, or for anyone else for that matter.

• HadIt.com Elder

@ GeekySquid

If you believe your an exception to this rule  then more power to you sir.

Unfortunately  most of us can't help but to worry about this happening to us some day  its in the back of our minds  and if a Veteran tells you its not     then he is not being truthful to himself/her self

For All Veterans s.c. disabilities at this point and about this particular issue   say close to the 20 year rule ,  well for all tense and purposes lets say his s.c. disabilities are all legit.  unless a veteran has indeed committed Fraud and the VA PROVES IT IN A COURT OF LAW   then yes his benefits more than like will be taken away.

10 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

then he is not being truthful to himself/her self

i just love the grandiose declaration that you know what is in the minds of other people.

either way. believe what you want. worry about what you want. I have a full day ahead and like worrying over a random possibility, this conversation is not productive.

Have a good day buck.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know what others are thinking?

this is just my opinion for this conversation were having  you have yours and I have mine.

mine are just thoughts as like in most cases and I mean legit cases  that veterans do think and worry about this type of issue  its  just a normal reaction to do that.

I worry about it  but I forget about it too  I don't dwell on it, if you don't worry about it then that's good you don't. 

I try not to but to be honest I do think about it ever now and then and what all I'd need to go through to correct it  that's what worry's me  I am legit on my s.c. conditions and have been now more than 17 years  so its getting that time to think about what if's?  thats all.

you have a good day to Geeky.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use