• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

1 minute ago, Buck52 said:

if a Veteran tells you he is not worried he will ever get a call for a C&P TO REDUCE his her benefits  I'd say that veteran is not telling the truth.

I am not worried and I am telling you the truth.

1 minute ago, Buck52 said:

just a year or maybe 2 years ago I remember reading that Ms Tbird  came up on her 20 years protection  and the words she wrote were   What a Relief it was.  (meaning she has no worry with her benefits being taken away.

Only she can speak to her level of "worry". Is it great to have that final protection? sure! is it worth fretting and worrying about? NO. is it worth setting your hair on fire? NO.

Vets with MD and PTSD do not need anything else to add to their problems, so to my mind promoting long-shot one-off events is not healthy for them, or for anyone else for that matter.

@ GeekySquid

If you believe your an exception to this rule  then more power to you sir.

Unfortunately  most of us can't help but to worry about this happening to us some day  its in the back of our minds  and if a Veteran tells you its not     then he is not being truthful to himself/her self

For All Veterans s.c. disabilities at this point and about this particular issue   say close to the 20 year rule ,  well for all tense and purposes lets say his s.c. disabilities are all legit.  unless a veteran has indeed committed Fraud and the VA PROVES IT IN A COURT OF LAW   then yes his benefits more than like will be taken away.

10 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

then he is not being truthful to himself/her self

i just love the grandiose declaration that you know what is in the minds of other people.

either way. believe what you want. worry about what you want. I have a full day ahead and like worrying over a random possibility, this conversation is not productive.

Have a good day buck.

I don't know what others are thinking?

this is just my opinion for this conversation were having  you have yours and I have mine.

mine are just thoughts as like in most cases and I mean legit cases  that veterans do think and worry about this type of issue  its  just a normal reaction to do that.

I worry about it  but I forget about it too  I don't dwell on it, if you don't worry about it then that's good you don't. 

I try not to but to be honest I do think about it ever now and then and what all I'd need to go through to correct it  that's what worry's me  I am legit on my s.c. conditions and have been now more than 17 years  so its getting that time to think about what if's?  thats all.

you have a good day to Geeky.

I did find it a huge relief when I reach the 20 year mark, but not all veterans worry about being screwed with by VA. But for all veterans who have been screwed around with the 20 year mark can be a great relief. For those with anxiety disorders it's damn near impossible not to worry about it and and a 1000 other things.

Just my 2 cents.

Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• Ads

• Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines