VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What will my pay be?

Rate this question

Ronc531

Question

I had a knee replacement and i was rated at temp 100 for 13 months. June was my last month but they still are gathering evidence and it is still showing temp 100, will my next check still be at 100%? if so will they go back and take money back when I get my final rating (it will not be 100%).

1 answer to this question

Its hard to  guess what the VA will do in a case like yours.. Under most circumstances once they decide your new ratings date is when your compensation will be cut back. As to repayment,  if they decide your new rating is  effective three months after the 13 months  you will be ok, but if they decide that they are not going to extend the 100% rating pass the 13 months you will have to make payment for the over payment.  If the latter happens, you  can request a waiver for the overpayment citing 1. the overpayment was not cause  or any thing you did , and 2. Repayment would cause a financial hardship . Im many cases the veteran wins the waiver request and does not have to repay any over payments,....