• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Vync

Travel voucher blues, again

For community care, I was told by VAMC travel that I just needed a work excuse. Today, they tell me that the work excuses also have to be dated by the provider.

I had three VA appointments today, each about 30 minutes away from each other and the VAMC travel office only gave me a voucher for the one at the VAMC. They could not provide a regulation or M21-1 reference stating this policy. They said they needed them date/time stamped to see if I had enough time to go home between visits (which I would have) just in case they get audited. They printed out an email they received stating there is no restriction or limit to the number of trips a BT veteran can claim. It says, "The time between appointments must be reasonable to have traveled home."

Anyone ever hear of this?

I had problems them paying my travel pay to the nearest VA Facility  Closes to my home...which is only 8 miles but I been using the Dallas VAMC for the last 22 years or so  and I always filed travel pay  but when we moved  they  only pay the 8 miles which is the Ft Worth VA Hospital Anex which is only 8 miles from my home  but they don't have the  MH Clinic and some other specialty clinics  like Dental  ect,,ect,, the ones I use the most...I took it to the Travel Pay Director  Assistant director   he agreed that my care is coming from the Dallas VAMC because it was specialty care   it was like 48 miles more per trip  so the assistant director of travel pay  fixed it to where they pay me travel pay to the Dallas Location.

They are suppose to pay travel pay from the nearest VA Facility closes to your home  .from what I understand...if you have to travel to other VA Facility's  you should get  that travel pay to those va facility's.