VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about MD and 100% P&T

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I was talking with the RO in Roanoke, VA today about the status of my BVA appeal which was granted and when will they finish what I am calling the second half (the ratings). He was looking in the system and unofficially (Until I have something in writing from the VA) I will be 100%. Now I thought it would be 100% P&T but he said no because of the MD, that would be re-evaluated somewhere down the road.

My question is he wrong? Because I have MD I am not considered 100% P&T but just simply 100%. Needless to say I want P&T so I get the additional perks, educational benefits, property tax discounts, etc.

Needless to say him telling me this really burst my bubble, I wanted the additional benefits not just the 100%.

Thanks

I was rated in various increases for 14 yrs before I was p&t. *Shrug. Not many are evaluated p&t first time out, though you can ask for it if you've been stable with no change for a long time.

Hi,

Don't let him burst your bubble.  Whereas I am sorry you have Muscular Dystrophy (MD), I do believe it is a disease without a cure (and I do not mean to burst your bubble by saying this) and diseases without a cure are permanent.  Just be patient.

It is hard to get P&T.  I was in the system for 35 years and 56 years old before I was awarded 100% scheduler and P&T. 

You should be able to get the tax benefits at 100% unless your state has some flakey laws.

Edited by vetquest